- auto dial to programmed cell phone numbers
- online video monitoring
- 2 way audio
- motion detection silent alarms/auto dial
- entry door alarm
- option to have the alarm call cell phone but not emit loud noise
- high/low temperature auto dial to cell numbers
- body heat seeking tranquilizer darts that shoot from the walls

Some of the systems can be hooked up to a landline and some are wireless but need to have service activated through cell phone companies. Any thoughts on what would have the least risk. I want to have 24/7 online video monitoring but I am concerned that employees of the security company could trace the video footage if they wanted.

Any recommendations on good security companies thatyou have used for these services? Would you go with the landline auto dial or sim card/cell auto dial? Any other recommended security systems and features would be helpful too. Thanks

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

dogs are also a great addition to a system, other than that, i would google what security companies are in your and read their reviews, find a few that have some positive feedback and ask those security providers what the can offer. as for 24-7 online monitoring, is that necessary unless you have someone watching it 24-7, but i guess if your alarm goes off, you could check it instantly, damn smart phones. and hard drive back ups, also know as "exhibit A". i know i wasn't a bunch of help, but i am interested to see what people to say.....

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

heres what I use it works very well :), costco special in store $1000 bucks, they have one u can get online that comes with 8 cameras for a $1000 also....GM

DSC02955
J

justwannablaze

heres what I use it works very well :), costco special in store $1000 bucks, they have one u can get online that comes with 8 cameras for a $1000 also....GM

That looks pretty sweet man :) haha

B

bentripin

DIY go with Elk M1EZ8 or Gold, http://www.elkproducts.com
Lots of flexibility, standalone or hooked up to a computer/automation system.. Can handle prox cards, fire alarms, wireless/wired sensors from most every major manufacturer.

Screw shooting darts, get one of these: http://www.defensedevices.com/shotgun-alarm-signal1.html

Wired, Closed Circuit Video Only.. IP cameras are great if you can take great effort to secure/firewall off camera's from unwanted viewers.

A

amstercal

I went to Hempcon today and have a flyer from these guys. Talked to them a minute. Very nice.

420secuirtyproducts.com

$499 for a 4 camera kit

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My husband has a side business setting up 420-friendly wireless IR-camera IP-based network security systems, but there is no sound with the cameras he uses. I can't remember if the hardware/software can be programmed for contacting anyone, like Briggs. But he's a LAN/WAN engineer, so setting up a secure network is the least of the problems, it's getting the signal from the camera to the computer that always seems to be the biggest problem. He's done mostly OD security set-ups, but indoors is done very easily. The services you're seeking appear to be rather specific.

purpleberry

purpleberry

For indoor, id build the room out with 1/2 ply wood, metal door and frame, and lots of screews. By the time im done building a room they better have a sawzall if they wamt in. Also hiding the door could confuse them where to even try and break in.

M

Mr.

I will look into the closed circuit online monitoring. I already have the dogs, special walls, and special doors. That shotgun alarm is awesome. It is in the plans to test one out with bean bag shells and measure the force of impact and trajectory since it doesn't have a barrel to fire from. Then I would know how to aim them and install them to hit in the right places. If any of you know if non-lethal booby traps break building codes, laws, or requires permits to have then please let me know. Also, looking into electrifying one of the security doors that is all metal with a similar system that cow fences are done with, but with extra voltage. I will look into the laws on these things first and do only what wouldn't piss off an inspector or law person and violate regs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Anything resembling a booby-trap in California is not treated well by LE. For instance, say you laid a few lines of treble fishing hooks that somebody sneaking around on your place got caught up in, you'd be in the wrong here. That's about all I know. CC surveillance breaks no laws that I'm aware of, assuming it's your property or you have permission.

B

bentripin

boobytraps, lethal or not are illegal and open you to liability.. traps dont discriminate an can take out innocent bystanders or malfunction and take you out.

There's plenty of precedence, if you research you can find a ton of news stories over the years about shotgun traps taking out unarmed robbers and the shopkeeper/property owner ended up being liable in a civil suit filed by the criminal's surviving family and sometimes even criminal charges (manslaughter) depending on local laws.

Its a risk your going to have to evaluate, however I suspect a blank would be sufficient.. if a thief opened a door, or were sneaking through a dark yard and a shotgun blast fire'd off from some unidentified location the'd probably take cover and high-tail it out of there.. not to mention it'll get you and your dog's (possibly neighbors) attention even if your both passed out drunk.

J

justwannablaze

boobytraps, lethal or not are illegal and open you to liability.. traps dont discriminate an can take out innocent bystanders or malfunction and take you out.

There's plenty of precedence, if you research you can find a ton of news stories over the years about shotgun traps taking out unarmed robbers and the shopkeeper/property owner ended up being liable in a civil suit filed by the criminal's surviving family and sometimes even criminal charges (manslaughter) depending on local laws.

Its a risk your going to have to evaluate, however I suspect a blank would be sufficient.. if a thief opened a door, or were sneaking through a dark yard and a shotgun blast fire'd off from some unidentified location the'd probably take cover and high-tail it out of there.. not to mention it'll get you and your dog's (possibly neighbors) attention even if your both passed out drunk.

now that's a good idea :evilgrin0040: well put.

P

primeform

i think that shotgun alarm is pretty sweet but im sure id set it off myself before anyone else did

S

smokestack23

another problem with boobytraps is...and I'm pretty sure they're illegal just about everywhere...
say you do something like electrify a doorknob...or..speaking of hooks, I used to straighten barbed hooks (large Halibut ones) with heat then bend a 90 near the eye end. I'd then drive a bunch up through a 2'X2' piece of plywood and hilti that to the concrete floor under the basement windows....you know, so the barbed ends are pointing up waiting to impale the first thief's foot that comes through the window and lands on them. They'd still be standing there when I got home ..waiting for a slow baseball bat motivated lesson on why not to be a fuckin thief.
OK..so say you did anything like that and there was a fire and the fire department arrived and one fireman tried the doorknob to be greeted by a big ZAP and another fireman tried to enter through a basement window. Hope they got steel shanks in those boots.

So yeah..no booby traps.
Dogs, cameras, sirens, moats, motion lights...deadbolt locks, re-enforced doors and jams...

I'm glad this thread was posted. I'm just about to start shopping for camera systems. The Costco one linked to above looks sweet. Saves me a lot of legwork. Anyone got any more suggestions for affordable solutions like that one? I'm more after a smaller 4 channel system though.

LBH

LBH

I use the same thing as bentripin. well, different brand but 4 camera, $400, I use my 4g to check them.

On the lines of booby traps and them being illegal, you can still get stealthy/trick and make booby traps that trip lights, bells, things of that sort, just don't do anything that will hurt someone. Using the example of a fireman is a good way to think it through and troubleshoot your moment of brilliance,lol.

G

gudkarma

i'm very big on this issue.

& my brother owns a company that does everything audio, visual, tech, pc, security, etc.

he recommended i go to ebay & score a cheap 4 camera & dvr combo having ethernet capability.

make sure u get proper camera software with any ebay purchase!

you'll need a static ip addy to check the camera from your phone.

my alarm (house) is on battery back up with a gsm phone (cell phone for ur alarm that work if theres no power).

i paid way less than dude above ($1000 to my $400) ...i also had a 300g hard drive sitting around.

too, my alarm IS NOT connect to the police and fire station.

i use it as a layer in the security web.

if u do want to connect to police & fire, there are online companies that monitor your house for $9 versus $40 for brinks.

my bro also put in a modulator on the cable line where i can turn to a preset cable tv channel in my bedroom and get the same camera views my monitor gets in the office.

sweet.

you cant go wrong with wired (not wireless) dvr cameras. i leave my cameras in plain sight to discourage any asshole visitors.

my brother is a fan of stashing them.

either way use weather proof gang boxes for outside connections.

inside the house is your standard alarm. bro left a real obvious wire on the outside that if cut trips the alarm. inside he used all sensor types : glass break, infrared, motion, doors

good security is done in layers.

when i leave my house the alarm is set via a key fob & the horn makes a huge honking sound like your car. in my area know city slickers know my shit is protected far and wide ... people dont even fuck with my house.

Top Bottom