Recommended "soil" Medium To Buy - Amazon.ca

• Thread starter docmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Hey Guys

I'm wondering what people recommend for a soil / soil-less medium to buy from Amazon.ca. I'm going to be using: https://www.planetnatural.com/product/general-organics-go-box/
I already have a large bag of Pro-mix Perlite, and if it's non-coco based, I might be able to pick it up around me, but the garden centers have slim pickings.

Thanks
D
Well, I only use Foxfarm Ocean Forest now, after years of many different soils and making my own mixes. It simple and ready to use out of the bag. You can stretch it out also by adding your perlite in the mix. It will be quite expensive if you order it from Amazon, because they price in the delivery cost. Locally, at a local Mize Home and Garden, I get a veterans discount and get it for about 18 bucks for a 1.5L bag. The plants love the stuff. Just my take, hope that helps.

Louisjr

Louisjr

Ouch!!!! $18 for 1.5!!!! Hell no. The bags here at local hydro store are from $10-$12 max, and then they always give you a 20% off every purchase. Love hydro depot!!! I use Foxfarm Ocean Forest. It’s ok like he said ready to use right out the bag for big plants though or older clones. I had a few new seeds die in this soil already, I believe cause the soil is to hot, but like I said I’m currently using it now. Just would recommend use something else for new seedlings

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ouch!!!! $18 for 1.5!!!! Hell no. The bags here at local hydro store are from $10-$12 max, and then they always give you a 20% off every purchase. Love hydro depot!!! I use Foxfarm Ocean Forest. It’s ok like he said ready to use right out the bag for big plants though or older clones. I had a few new seeds die in this soil already, I believe cause the soil is to hot, but like I said I’m currently using it now. Just would recommend use something else for new seedlings
I have seen it online as high as 30 a bag

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Everyone doesn't live near a big hydro store, or even in a legal state, or medical legal state there guy. He asked about ordering from Amazon. I pointed out that on Amazon, soil is expensive because the delivery cost is priced into soil prices. I then stated the cheapest I can get it in my area. I have seen 1.5L bags as high as 42 bucks on Amazon, that price varies over time. Until about 3 years ago, it wasn't available locally period. Also, some folks seem to have trouble starting seeds in it. I have only had 2 beans not germinate and grow out of 4 grows and 25 beans in Ocean Forest myself. Wish I could get the soil for your price, but considering what I was paying, that's no big deal to me at 18 per 1.5L bag. It's not like I'm strapped for money, like a lot of the folks here who are young. I'm retired. And, I'm currently pleasantly stoned on fresh harvested Hash Bomb. :cool:

MissBotany

MissBotany

My first grow I used Ffof and loved it but I didn’t want to pay delivery again. I tried a different organic soil but I was very disappointed in the quality. I went on the fox farm website to try to find a garden center near me that sells it but I never got around to calling them to verify if they have it in stock. I had to up pot ASAP so I went to my regular garden center and got their name brand soil for $11 and organic soil additives similar to FFOF for $9. I have enough for three 3 gallon pots and the additives will last for many grows. So far I’m happy.

Louisjr

Louisjr

Ya I know I’m glad I live in MI. But you want to hear something funny? When I first started growing it was kinda uncomfortable to walk in the hydro store. Idk I get weird sometimes but anyways I needed soil so I go to amazon and I buy the deal where they had two ffof 1.5 bags $55 for two bags. I bought that twice before I went to the hydro store and let me tell you I wanted to kick my own once I found out what my local store was selling them for!!!! Smh

Logixcraft

Logixcraft

The price I pay for FFOF is $19 for 42.5 L

This is in the GTA/Ontario. Just gotta know where to look, other stores are gouging it at $40-47 for 42.5 L

Latest posts

Top Bottom