Reconditioning Soil?? any thoughts where to start.

• Thread starter sh2ft2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sh2ft2

Is there any ideas on Reconditioning the Soil....... I never had a ph pen or tds pen so i have no idea where the soil is at. I currently own both. The soil bins have had different waterings. some of the soil was just watered with city water, some of it was feed with some nutes, some of it got spider mites at one time and got bombed with a fogger, some of it got water with R.O water. one container got a lid put back on top while it was wet so it seems like some of that molded up or something.
i have about 100 gal. or so of soil i was wondering if any one could help me out thanks:mmm

N

nightfun

Hope this helps a bit.

Have a friend that used to reuse his soil every single grow. He had spider mites as well. After he cut his crop he would rip the root ball out and dump the soil in a huge reservoir. He would then pick out anything that did not belong.

He would let the soil sit out and dry completely and then refill his pots.

I never thought it would work, but it did every single time. He uses promix. he has been doing this for about a year and a half so far.

S

sh2ft2

I was wondering that after a couple runs if most of the nutrient in the soil is depleted and since i got all sorts different runs. Would baking off my soil to make sure everything is depleted too extreme? then re-adding all the goodies back into it to make sure of a healthy batch of soil.

Wasnt sure if anyone had any experience at all. Might be too much of a hassle? What do most soil guys do with all the soil.... I was thinking about tilling it into the back yard for the garden. but would rather reuse.

Top Bottom