Recover From Cal-mag Plus In Organic Soil

• Thread starter P2tokenz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

P2tokenz

I recently just made a huge mistake and I was hoping to get some insight. I watered my plants which are grown in organic soil for the first time with cal mag plus and hydroguard from Botanicare. I know.... WTF! I'm going insane at the moment dreading what might happen , and what is happening under the soil.
So did I just kill all my beneficial friends that I have been accumulating for so long in one fatal swoop.
It's been 2 days since I made that mistake and the plants are starting to show signs that there not happy. What can I do ? Is my soil useless now in terms of organic growth?

Tnelz

Tnelz

No. Don't worry about it. Hydroguard is beneficial bacteria. And one dose of synthetic Cal mag isn't going to do any major damage. I'm sure the micro beasties aren't super happy with u but they will be fine. Next time u water water with a worm castings tea and all will be well. That will provide u with far more fresh bacteria than u killed. No worries bro just wouldn't make it a habit. Good luck.

P

P2tokenz

Thanks guys. That's reassurring news. Im going to feed tonight with a normal organic tea brew. Hoping that corrects this issue . Ever since I watered with the cal mag they are starting to show some def. in the bottom leaves some yellowing on the sides, some mild necrosis, a little leaf curl too.... I definantly want to stop this progression up the plant. I was scared since I already have dolomite lime in my soil mix and using the cal -mag with the addition of the edta iron that's in cal mag that I could have killed all my micro life and caused a lock up of another nutrient ?(I'm in full detective mode right now) maybe potassium, from the looks of it. As long as my soil is ok and I havent tainted it from sustaining good beneficials, with reassurance from you all ,I should be able to get them back happy if my diagnosis is correct. I'll water tonight with some brew that's been bubbling since last night and hope for the best. Thanks again

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks guys. That's reassurring news. Im going to feed tonight with a normal organic tea brew. Hoping that corrects this issue . Ever since I watered with the cal mag they are starting to show some def. in the bottom leaves some yellowing on the sides, some mild necrosis, a little leaf curl too.... I definantly want to stop this progression up the plant. I was scared since I already have dolomite lime in my soil mix and using the cal -mag with the addition of the edta iron that's in cal mag that I could have killed all my micro life and caused a lock up of another nutrient ?(I'm in full detective mode right now) maybe potassium, from the looks of it. As long as my soil is ok and I havent tainted it from sustaining good beneficials, with reassurance from you all ,I should be able to get them back happy if my diagnosis is correct. I'll water tonight with some brew that's been bubbling since last night and hope for the best. Thanks again
Although delicate ur bennie r tougher than u think. Lol. A little Cal mag here and there won't hurt. Ur issue sounds more pH related than anything to me. But without seeing the girls can't make any real assessment. In any case glad to help any time bro and wish u nothing but good luck!

P

P2tokenz

I always feed at a ph of 6.5 . my soil ph is 6.7. I have never had a problem with ph because of the Organics . With the addition of the dolomite ,and the beneficials they have always regulated my ph. I have been monitoring these plants for sometime, its my second time growing this particular strain. The first time growing it they showed none of these issues, the issues didn't arise until after I watered with the cal mag. Leading me to think its the cal mag. I hope with me adding cal mag to my soil that I haven't thrown the entire balance out of whack ,which could include ph ,and some kind of lock out ? Messing up the balance in the rhizosphere. My diagnosis was maybe potassiumlock out from the cal mag?, but I'm not acting on that evaluation yet. I don't know I'm brainstorming for sure, just want to get my ladies back super happy. I'll see how there looking tonight. I'll be in touch. Thanks!

Tnelz

Tnelz

I always feed at a ph of 6.5 . my soil ph is 6.7. I have never had a problem with ph because of the Organics . With the addition of the dolomite ,and the beneficials they have always regulated my ph. I have been monitoring these plants for sometime, its my second time growing this particular strain. The first time growing it they showed none of these issues, the issues didn't arise until after I watered with the cal mag. Leading me to think its the cal mag. I hope with me adding cal mag to my soil that I haven't thrown the entire balance out of whack ,which could include ph ,and some kind of lock out ? Messing up the balance in the rhizosphere. My diagnosis was maybe potassiumlock out from the cal mag?, but I'm not acting on that evaluation yet. I don't know I'm brainstorming for sure, just want to get my ladies back super happy. I'll see how there looking tonight. I'll be in touch. Thanks!
Much respect on not just going nuts and acting on an assumption. Most people would. I've found in soil things usually work themselves out. I believe this will as well. I'd say ur right on in ur thinking about knocking things out of whack. No biggie. They will adjust and I'm sure things will be back to normal in no time.

Top Bottom