Recycling Reverse Osmosis Waste Water

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pork

pork

I've been looking at these "Zero-Waste" RO systems and there seems to be some misleading information out there...But, I did find out, that one system pumps the waste water back through the filter, thus shortening the life of the filter, but decreasing wasted water. Anyone out there done something like this?

neverbreak

neverbreak

i've not done it but see no reason why it wouldn't work. sounds like a straightforward system.

neverbreak

sedate

sedate

pork said:
thus shortening the life of the filter, but decreasing wasted water. Anyone out there done something like this?

I guess I'm not sure why it would matter anyway. If you waste 1 - 1.5 gallons of water for every gallon produced even a fairly large DWC hydro setup would still use less water than a child taking a bath twice a week.

pork

pork

i fill my 50 gal res twice a week, and dump 300gal of waste water because of it...I dunno about you, but I don't have a 150 gal bathtub...

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I wish there was a way as well. I left my ro running for 2 days DOH!! luckily on lower but I never will hear the end to that. Its a wasteful thing but I've gotten it down to certain applications and recycling my dehumidifier and things helps. Hope you get things figured out.
MWD

Top Bottom