Red Bluff Peeps

• Thread starter Qman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Qman

So, I saw in the news that the city of Red Bluff has put a all out ban on MMJ. Has anyone that lives there done any research on how a city can override state law?

Now I heard that Shasta County is 'talking' about the same bullshit

Anyone?

R

Rolln J

clarification

didnt fresno do it also

Fresno's deal is in court - Red Bluff was the city council...

Fresno is trying to close collectives/dispensaries - Red Bluff is banning cultivation!

its not a done deal in Fresno.

B

bdawgburner

Its my understanding that a township can have harsher laws than the state but not more lenient. But that doesnt make sense because some towns are decriminalizing mj when the state isnt. Who knows???

T

the Rock

Fresno's deal is in court - this was by the city council...

Fresno is trying to close collectives/dispensaries - this bans cultivation!

its not a done deal in Fresno.

thanks for the info RJ= you are a fountain of information

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m against any new laws that tax or regulate MJ because of the way local Goverments would be allowed to add local taxes and regulations beyond what the state imposes.There is nothing in those laws to protect the rights of mj users from add on local regulations of any kind and leaves open increased taxes from the state and local Goverment now and in the future! I support decriminalization only!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

RJ, that article made me sick to my stomach. The scene in CO is similar, because it's gold rush season... Some cities are banning, yet some are going in the other direction- Breckenridge decriminalized 1 oz or less with a 72% majority vote. Silverthorn (or Dillon, don't remember) spelled out regulations for dispensaries similar to liquor stores. Yet Pueblo banned dispensaries. Our City Council is forming a Medical Marijuana Task Force to include members of all factions of the industry as well as law enforcement, city planning, "concerned citzens", etc. This task force will come up with regulations, etc and present them to the public before presenting them to city council for a vote. This democratic approach was due to a large presence patients, caregivers, dispensary owners, etc letting city government know our feelings. I'll keep you posted as to the status of our fair city. For now, they're leaving legal operations alone, with promises to consider the "grandfather clause" for businesses already open in questionable locations, etc. We'll see. Anyone from Colorado Springs worried about their rights can join PikesPeak69 and me, among many, many others who are working hard to defend our rights.

K

KushMaster707

let them have there fun, when the day comes( soon of course ) that all of there work has been over turned will be enough for them to realize they did it all for nothing.

D

DoubleDub

Thats suppper weak. Im just next door to red bluff. I hope others cities don't use this as a model and try to similar.

Q

Qman

Pot ban put 'on-hold'

Which is good news that they are pulling their heads out of their asses (well not really)

H

HypnoToad

Unfortunately, there is a largely unacknowledged political divide in California. Political Demographics have shown that the majority of the democratic areas follow the coastline, and major cities, while the conservatives have control over many areas deeper into California.

In my opinion this effectively creates California Havens for Assholes who try to oppress the rights of others under the guise of family values or moral standards that never, ever existed.

On the other hand, blaming conservatives is a knee jerk reaction since 420, in my opinion, is able to cross many political boundaries because it's so damn awesome. That being said, however, it seems that overall it's embraced more by progressive thinkers vs. more traditional minded people...with exceptions I'm sure.

Whatever, an asshole is an asshole from any angle you look at it. Thank You overpaid, political, ass hats, who use local politics to subvert the will of the people to compensate for your personal short comings. I'm sure the people of Red Bluff thank you for keeping them safe from everything except you.

Peace,
HT

Latest posts

Top Bottom