Red Card/MMED badge... still relevant?

• Thread starter EgoTripper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EgoTripper

with the new laws going into effect any day now, is it still worth it to get a Red Card/MMED Badge? I am looking into getting into the industry, working my way up from trimming and/or budtending. I know I am eligible for both, but havent been sure if i should spend the money. Also, i called the MMED office today and they said they were booked all the way through March and I wouldnt be able to submit my application. any input is GREATLY appreciated!

E

EgoTripper

thanks for the responses guys! as of now, i have an appt for my Medical rec tomorrow and i have some legit pain from a recent surgery that i have records of, so the Red Card is in the bag... the MMED Badge apparently isnt even an option until the very end of February, so i guess i can play it by ear until then. thanks for the input, appreciate it!

GanjaFunkExpress

GanjaFunkExpress

looks like ugot ur answer but i will second that.
med status really protects you, a64 just kinda does and we dont know how thats onna play yout, get ur badge asap after getting co id and red card

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

med status really protects you, a64 just kinda does and we dont know how thats onna play yout, get ur badge asap after getting co id and red card
Well that is true and isn't? Medical status is protecting you now, b/c they've lost so many cases, but is actually less set-in-stone than AM 64.
The thing is, you are limited to X/X veg/flower much lower in AM 64 so in that sense it doesn't protect you as good....
But if you aren't pushing it (renting out space to 35 of your closest friends...It protects you better than AM 20.
People forget how long and hard medical rights were fought for....But if you just show up and see it now, why would you think there was some sort of Kampf to get here.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I don't trust this situation, and I sure as hell don't trust our government not to suddenly reverse course, negate the amendment and send in the FBI to start combing through red card records for cases. That's why I'm not on any of these lists, and have no plans to start. I don't need a fucking card to exercise my rights as a free citizen!

sky high

sky high

Well that is true and isn't? Medical status is protecting you now, b/c they've lost so many cases, but is actually less set-in-stone than AM 64.
The thing is, you are limited to X/X veg/flower much lower in AM 64 so in that sense it doesn't protect you as good....
But if you aren't pushing it (renting out space to 35 of your closest friends...It protects you better than AM 20.
People forget how long and hard medical rights were fought for....But if you just show up and see it now, why would you think there was some sort of Kampf to get here.

How do you see A 20 being less set in stone than 64? I'm not followin you there, dope.

homebrew420

homebrew420

As a head grower at a shop in Boulder, I highly suggest that everyone renew their cards and tell all your friends to do the same. Laws will not even be drawn up to allow non card holders to get purchase for at least a year. As far as growing goes I would not expect this to really protect a whole lot of people I know...most have more than 6 plants.

Go get/renew your cards...for now. Too cheap of a protective service to pass up. just my 2 cent

Peace

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

The personal rights part to grow. The rest is going to be very interesting.
The part that was less set in stone for AM 20, is the 'affimative defense' for more than your 3/3. Which is now part of 1284.
So for the 3/3, yeah, they are both the same.
But as far as people using it (3/3 no card, no problem). When people push it we will see what happens. But AM 20 was written with a little leeway in there to fight it out in the courts.

Sorry, it was just as it pertains to the ability of a person to grow a few plants.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think that was the intent of AM 64 :)

Sure, and great intentions pave the road to hell. I am not satisfied with the rights the amendment grants and as a free citizen who doesn't bother others, I'll continue to do as I damned well please, thank you very much.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Yeah, you're going to have to have different labeling for you 'Medicinal' MJ and your 'Recreational' MJ :)
Get pulled over
Cop "So is this Medical Marijuana you're smoking or Recreational Marijuana?"

Could be the beginning of defining Light versus Dark beer/marijuana.

Top Bottom