Red Dragon Turning In To Purple Dragon

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

Is it supposed to turn purple? Some strains do.

If not I'd say you're getting a P lockout (it's been a while the mind is rusty) due to overly cold temps on the roots. This time of year it wouldnt surprise me.

She's still throwin white pistils, don't wanna jump the gun! Keep in mind you got a flush period to factor in :) good luck

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

right mine just going purple bc of the temp drop at night

it does goes purple in spots where the leafs have dmg first for sure

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

here is some red dragon babies like I been saying coco been kicking my butt to day I got some happy frog soil to try that out

so im thinking mag def this is still the same problem I been having I just cant seem to keep leafs green lol

thinking I should spray with Epsom salt???

SANY0153
SANY0154
SANY0155
SANY0156
Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

u can get that lock out from cold roots??
from my studies and experience I've learned this:

Its definitely a possibility, if the roots get too cold during your night cycle it can cause your roots issues in the uptake of P or lockout and that can cause the leaves to turn purple in some cases signaling a P -

If that's not the case cold temps around the roots can make this worse

But again that's if the strain isn't known to do this. Some strains just turn purple. Maybe check with whoever got you the genetics? However if your getting the same issue on different strains or on a plant sitting in the same spot in a room it could definitely be cause of temps. Or root temps.

Hope this helped! Respect and good luck :)

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

im not worried about it turning purple just thought it b a nice thread tag for the red dragon lol

im worried about yellowing over purple think my room gets to about 65-69f during night 75-78 during day

jackwhite

jackwhite

from my studies and experience I've learned this:

Its definitely a possibility, if the roots get too cold during your night cycle it can cause your roots issues in the uptake of P or lockout and that can cause the leaves to turn purple in some cases signaling a P -

If that's not the case cold temps around the roots can make this worse

But again that's if the strain isn't known to do this. Some strains just turn purple. Maybe check with whoever got you the genetics? However if your getting the same issue on different strains or on a plant sitting in the same spot in a room it could definitely be cause of temps. Or root temps.

Hope this helped! Respect and good luck :)
if you are growing hydo my expeeience and from studies, books etc when temps in the reservoir get below 60degs you will notice slowed growth and start seein some defenciencies but thats also dependent on how sensitive the strain is as well. as a rule of thumb temps should be bw 60-72deg for optimal growth

Smerb

Smerb

here is some red dragon babies like I been saying coco been kicking my butt to day I got some happy frog soil to try that out

so im thinking mag def this is still the same problem I been having I just cant seem to keep leafs green lol

thinking I should spray with Epsom salt???
A foliar spray will help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom