Red led under canopy flower aid

• Thread starter TrichomeHunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichomeHunter

TrichomeHunter

I have a full spec sf2000 led in a 2x4 grow tent with x4 bruce banner. It is cramped to say the least. Would adding red led light under the canopy help aid in flowering.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have a California light works cob bloom booster it's an old one but cost $350 at the time see for yourself but a red light won't help much, what you need is a 2 cycle light, you can run your plants under blue light till they gain size then run them under full spec till u cut ur cycle then put on full bloom. I use a viperspectra 600w reflector series.

20220103 193227
20220103 193237
E9noxis

E9noxis

I have been using blue led grow flood lights. 3 with my vs4000. I planned to switch to red for flower. All lights are on the same schedule.

Advise.

D

Drasik

I have been using blue led grow flood lights. 3 with my vs4000. I planned to switch to red for flower. All lights are on the same schedule.

Advise.
Running pure blue or red lights really don't add much to the mix. You are just introducing light to a plant that its never seen before and would be confused what to do with it. Over the course of a growing season the sun with start with light spectrum from 430nm-600 and them from 600-700 in the latter half of summer and fall. You want to mimic those spectrums and not isolate the light but blend it in. More whites and blues during veg and more whites, yellows oranges during flower with your reds. You want to hit those photo and crypto chromes to trigger hormonal responses in the plant. Use a blend

D

Drasik

Should I turn the reds back on for flower? They haven't been on since before I flipped
Reds are always great for flower, they hit the 600 nm plus end of the spectrum similar to the suns spectrum late summer early fall.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have a full spec sf2000 led in a 2x4 grow tent with x4 bruce banner. It is cramped to say the least. Would adding red led light under the canopy help aid in flowering.
I'm have 2 - Se3000 and I ordered some led lights for side lighting....not specifically red but full spectrum with red & blue. I don't usually scrog & lollypop so I get a lot of lower popcorn buds that I use for cooking & filler I call it Sweet Roughage, I also get some real nice hard lower buds somehow but with these new lights I hope to get more of them. I intend on putting them at just above the canopy's base ( mid level ) 12 -18" away on 3 sides....I'll let you know in a couple of months if it was a good plan or a brain fart....

D

Drasik

I'm have 2 - Se3000 and I ordered some led lights for side lighting....not specifically red but full spectrum with red & blue. I don't usually scrog & lollypop so I get a lot of lower popcorn buds that I use for cooking & filler I call it Sweet Roughage, I also get some real nice hard lower buds somehow but with these new lights I hope to get more of them. I intend on putting them at just above the canopy's base ( mid level ) 12 -18" away on 3 sides....I'll let you know in a couple of months if it was a good plan or a brain fart....
I haven't seen a lot of information or any kind of significant results with side lighting and if your growing in tents with reflective walls then you already get alot of light refraction from there. Most of the leaves face upwards so those surfaces are what's pulling in the light, so side lighting with reds seems like it would have marginal effects. How big of a space are you growing in with the 2 SE3000s? how many plants?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I haven't seen a lot of information or any kind of significant results with side lighting and if your growing in tents with reflective walls then you already get alot of light refraction from there. Most of the leaves face upwards so those surfaces are what's pulling in the light, so side lighting with reds seems like it would have marginal effects. How big of a space are you growing in with the 2 SE3000s? how many plants?
I have as large a space as I need..I build panels to suit my grow space....I just have 1 up now with 1 plant under it. I had the second light I just delivered on Friday with the side lights coming tomorrow...Space isn't an issue and a lot of my lower buds don't get much light at all & to be as nice as they are a bump in size & hardness is all I'm hoping to gain.

100 6658
100 6834
100 6710
D

Drasik

I have as large a space as I need..I build panels to suit my grow space....I just have 1 up now with 1 plant under it. I had the second light I just delivered on Friday with the side lights coming tomorrow...Space isn't an issue and a lot of my lower buds don't get much light at all & to be as nice as they are a bump in size & hardness is all I'm hoping to gain.
You have a good enough space. Don't think you need any side lighting keep everything above.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I grow with 25% 660nm but I run mine on top of the canopy. A better option may be to see if you can fit it to the side of your sf2000 and come down on your canopy at an angle. I assume they supplemental lights you are talking probably are not much more than 25w a bar.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
looks nice👏👏🔥🔥 Nothing wrong with smalls but if you're adding supplement light to push them, you might as well push C02 as well. Metabolically the plants needs to keep up with increased energy consumption.
Thanks, I don't have a sealed environment to provide C02 and in my basement my CO2 levels are apparently fairly high as it is...Its something I've thought about just not looked into it for set up and its cost.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I grow with 25% 660nm but I run mine on top of the canopy. A better option may be to see if you can fit it to the side of your sf2000 and come down on your canopy at an angle. I assume they supplemental lights you are talking probably are not much more than 25w a bar.
Hi, 50 watt bars. I don't expect much but it does look pretty...Hard on my eyes though, I gotta get me a pair of glasses for my flower room.

100 6858
Top Bottom