Red On Half The Plant

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Im growing 4 CSI MPK plants, one blue dream and one Girl Scout Cookies. My room is totally screwy as Im growing in a bathroom since I'm in between grow rooms. My old one was turned into a dungeon lol, and my new room wont be set up for about six months. I just needed to grow something to smoke now. Im using one 600w hps and one solar storm led panel side by side. Recently, 19 days into flower, the gsc started getting red stems (actually the stem that connects the fan leaf to the plant, cant remember what thats called) but only on the half furthest from the hps. Does led cause the red? I thought it meant cold temps or phosphorus def but not if its only on one side of the plant.
Ideas?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think the LED seems to bring it out the color pigments more. I'm guessing that it is only areas that are exposed to the LED light or at least darkest in the direct light? Greener undersides?

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I think the LED seems to bring it out the color pigments more. I'm guessing that it is only areas that are exposed to the LED light or at least darkest in the direct light? Greener undersides?
Correct.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think it also depends much on the strain. Green strains don't get purple in my experience.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

There are a few strains that are red out there. Bloody skunk a few others by sweet seeds off the dome.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Any chance something happened to the plants stalk to bleach its chlorophyll? Mouse? Seems strange but I would definitely love to see a picture of that tho.

I have heard of albino plants before but I think that trait starts at germination, could be wrong though, and maybe its turning Albino.

Top Bottom