Red Seeds?

• Thread starter tweedy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

Came to me from a courteous old timer simply labeled red. Also gave me a bag labeled NY and one labeled old timer. Ha. Anyone seen real deal punta roja or any other red seeds? He didnt clarify when he dropped them off to the collective I frequent. Really wish he was around more often to ask but the last he told me they were all just from bags friends of his saved for years since the 60's. Darkest seeds I have ever seen. Pictures dont really do justice to em. Anyone seen something like them?
Red seeds
Red seeds 2

sensicloud

sensicloud

If you get some of these beans from the 60s to pop that would be crazy awesome please keep us updated tweedy, never seen beans like that

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Came to me from a courteous old timer simply labeled red. Also gave me a bag labeled NY and one labeled old timer. Ha. Anyone seen real deal punta roja or any other red seeds? He didnt clarify when he dropped them off to the collective I frequent. Really wish he was around more often to ask but the last he told me they were all just from bags friends of his saved for years since the 60's. Darkest seeds I have ever seen. Pictures dont really do justice to em. Anyone seen something like them?View attachment 401449View attachment 401452
Nice! How you gonna approach the propagation

tweedy

tweedy

If you get some of these beans from the 60s to pop that would be crazy awesome please keep us updated tweedy, never seen beans like that
Me neither. Very excited. I will let you know! The vietnamese beans popped and have shown me a 30 year old seed can have as much vigor as a younger seed. Now germination success is another story. 10 out of like 40 seeds. Ugh.

tweedy

tweedy

Nice! How you gonna approach the propagation
Not entirely sure. Want to dedicate an actual space for it but lack funds and time. Going to try a few different methods due to the vietnamese seeds being finicky for their age so I assume these will be too. Any recommendations? H202, scuff, what works best for you?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Not entirely sure. Want to dedicate an actual space for it but lack funds and time. Going to try a few different methods due to the vietnamese seeds being finicky for their age so I assume these will be too. Any recommendations? H202, scuff, what works best for you?
Perfect consistent moisture control, perfect consistent temp control, inert neutral medium, dome to keep environmental swings minimal, try to have your tray acclimated and seed before planting into medium and set your tray up so you don't have to mess with them four atleast four days! And the seed prep like soaking or paper or scuffing that is all very new to me and havent experimented with that part very much I get the environment down and plant 1/2 inch cover then wait but soaking in distilled water is coolI would just try to introduce the environment right away and stay consistent have fun good luck abd I'm excited for this one

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Came to me from a courteous old timer simply labeled red. Also gave me a bag labeled NY and one labeled old timer. Ha. Anyone seen real deal punta roja or any other red seeds? He didnt clarify when he dropped them off to the collective I frequent. Really wish he was around more often to ask but the last he told me they were all just from bags friends of his saved for years since the 60's. Darkest seeds I have ever seen. Pictures dont really do justice to em. Anyone seen something like them?View attachment 401449View attachment 401452
Fuckya there's some champs iN there and I trust most old timers to have seed worth growing!

tweedy

tweedy

As far as concern for germination, I have 75 red seeds, 6 or so NY, 40 or so old timers, and about 300 vietnamese. I have a buddy with a tin can full of afghani seeds from a recent tour so let the long arduous process of picking through raw genetics begin. Ha. See you in twenty years. :rolleyes:

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

That's a twenty year worthy project I can imagine how to approach what your doing.... I went crazy trying lol:banghead: I couldnt Maintain discipline and I pollenated a whole 4x8 of 24 or more keeper clone mom filtered and bx for over four years with two wild male brothers one sativa dom pheno and the other indica dominant im still working those seeds three years later:woot: Loving it!

I didn't label anything in that tent so many awesome combinations I'm sure some weirdo phenos should pop up

tweedy

tweedy

That's a twenty year worthy project I can imagine how to approach what your doing.... I went crazy trying lol:banghead: I couldnt Maintain discipline and I pollenated a whole 4x8 of 24 or more keeper clone mom filtered and bx for over four years with two wild male brothers one sativa dom pheno and the other indica dominant im still working those seeds three years later:woot: Loving it!

I didn't label anything in that tent so many awesome combinations I'm sure some weirdo phenos should pop up
Thats the problem for me and part of the excitement. The breeding bug has always been biting me but I have finally succumbed to its powers and chucked my first pollen at a lady. I have hundreds of seeds from that cross that I havent even touched yet. So many seeds and each one is worth exploring. That is what pains me. I cant ignore a single bean or not run it to its full potential. I could have just thrown away or killed something capable of being a classic or legendary.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Grow them all 12/12 from seed our should help lower overall size and time spent. Good luck.
I too over the next year will be looking through seeds from '68-71. "Panama" Acapulco, and some other old school bag seed.

Nice

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thats the problem for me and part of the excitement. The breeding bug has always been biting me but I have finally succumbed to its powers and chucked my first pollen at a lady. I have hundreds of seeds from that cross that I havent even touched yet. So many seeds and each one is worth exploring. That is what pains me. I cant ignore a single bean or not run it to its full potential. I could have just thrown away or killed something capable of being a classic or legendary.
I understand fully it's tough to Cull plants.....it's hard to get over those phenos uncloned also but the main thing for me is it's never going to end and it's sheds over and over before like when loosing a grow rooms or a special mother plant or that single seed that never popped...
What helps me is I made my mind up I'll always grow and I'll always grow some seeds I breed. I leave it up to fate which ones stick around and cull the ones that don't like to grow strong in my environment and move forward and be excited for the future and not let the past hold me back or get me down !:cigar:

Top Bottom