Red Stem Close To Leaf????

• Thread starter Growtubes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growtubes

Growtubes

What's does the redness mean on the stem close to the leaf?

1447614004565 2089542444
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Every time i see purple...
Certain plants have red or purple, some turn that color with temp change or light intensity.
This one is showing black in the veins.
20151114 014708

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Can mean a few things. Light intensity can influence this, but so can P deficiency due to lockout or lack of availability due to pH. Most the time I would be looking for other symptoms as well like slow growth rate, mutated growth or other symptoms of potential issues. Sometimes you need to worry about it, most of the time you don't. If it's uniform and almost magenta throughout all the petioles, you have a P issue. If it's just a petiole here and there, most likely light intensity or temp.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
just sprouted a cross that has purple stem, purple veins, and a hint of purple leaves, first set of leaflets. might come up purple do ya think? :)

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
well i am talking under spiral floro, but it is close. interesting that that happens, are you talking HPS?

Growtubes

Growtubes

Can mean a few things. Light intensity can influence this, but so can P deficiency due to lockout or lack of availability due to pH. Most the time I would be looking for other symptoms as well like slow growth rate, mutated growth or other symptoms of potential issues. Sometimes you need to worry about it, most of the time you don't. If it's uniform and almost magenta throughout all the petioles, you have a P issue. If it's just a petiole here and there, most likely light intensity or temp.
This is a phosphorus deficiency correct? I noticed it this morning, I watered it after I noticed it with rainwater that I collected. since it was time to water anyways. Any suggestions?

1448172995115 2089542444
geori

geori

I have one of my eight showing the same purple/dark red water leaf stems while under 1000 w hp.. Not sure why just this one of the eight is showing this, but thought I read someplace that it was a good thing..

tobh

tobh

Supporter
This is a phosphorus deficiency correct? I noticed it this morning, I watered it after I noticed it with rainwater that I collected. since it was time to water anyways. Any suggestions?

This appears to be an Mg issue to me. Mix a solution of 1 tbsp Epsom salts to 1 gallon water with a sticker/spreader and spray her down. You should see some improvement within 24 hours if it is Mg. Confirm your pH is correct in the medium as well. The petioles look green, and that's a distinct indicator of P issues. The necrotic spots and varigated (sp?) leaves with the yellowing edges leads me to believe you're having Mg issue and it may be due to a number of issues, first being check the pH of your medium by doing a slurry test. If that checks out and you see improvement with the foliar spray, that's what you need. If the pH checks out and you don't see improvement, continue researching the issue. If the pH is off, correct it and monitor for improvements.

I have one of my eight showing the same purple/dark red water leaf stems while under 1000 w hp.. Not sure why just this one of the eight is showing this, but thought I read someplace that it was a good thing..

View attachment 551045

She looks hungry. If you're in soil, give her some food, start at 1/4 strength dose of your choice of nutrients. Looks like an auto flower as well, so be extremely conservative with the nutrients. Purple petioles are not necessarily a good thing nor a bad thing. They can be an indicator of an issue though and in your case you have yellowing throughout the plant with purple petioles all the way throughout. She's obviously hungry at this point, or you have a serious pH issue.

H

happy b

No not phosperous.that looks like u need some cal/mag.it helps your plant take up N which is what keeps your plant green and helps it turn light into food.if theres less N theres less light being turned into food ect resulting in plants not performing to full potential.same with the purple stems.its a cal/mag issue.or a cal OR mag issue but cal/mag will sort it.
strains like OG are cal/mag monsters.

Growtubes

Growtubes

This appears to be an Mg issue to me. Mix a solution of 1 tbsp Epsom salts to 1 gallon water with a sticker/spreader and spray her down. You should see some improvement within 24 hours if it is Mg. Confirm your pH is correct in the medium as well. The petioles look green, and that's a distinct indicator of P issues. The necrotic spots and varigated (sp?) leaves with the yellowing edges leads me to believe you're having Mg issue and it may be due to a number of issues, first being check the pH of your medium by doing a slurry test. If that checks out and you see improvement with the foliar spray, that's what you need. If the pH checks out and you don't see improvement, continue researching the issue. If the pH is off, correct it and monitor for improvements.

She looks hungry. If you're in soil, give her some food, start at 1/4 strength dose of your choice of nutrients. Looks like an auto flower as well, so be extremely conservative with the nutrients. Purple petioles are not necessarily a good thing nor a bad thing. They can be an indicator of an issue though and in your case you have yellowing throughout the plant with purple petioles all the way throughout. She's obviously hungry at this point, or you have a serious pH issue.
It turned out to be my ph. It was around 8.5, plants can't survive off the water we drink. SMH

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I cant find my slurry test but I am pretty sure that my light is causing my stems to get red and also putting burned spots on the fan leaves. Only three weeks keft so I am just gonna flush till its done.
20151128 120521

The reddening and the burned spots are centralized right under the light and each of my 6 cob leds have uv and ir leds and I have read that they can cause burns and herming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom