Red Stem Close To Leaf????

• Thread starter Growtubes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yessir, those cobs are some monsters. That's why they put out so great though. Good lookin' gals.

geori

geori

I have one of my eight showing the same purple/dark red water leaf stems while under 1000 w hp.. Not sure why just this one of the eight is showing this, but thought I read someplace that it was a good thing..

View attachment 551045

I have been watching this one of three Somango plants that showed really dark stem and branches early on.. The buds on it are filling out a lot nicer than the other two. Actually overall, the plant is really growing much more compact, and fuller buds than any of the eight plants in this grow..

I think the purple/dark reddish stem and branches that show early on could be a good thing !

geori

geori

I meant to say Blackberry, not the Somango in the last post .. Brain dead :eyepiece: !

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I have been watching this one of three Somango plants that showed really dark stem and branches early on.. The buds on it are filling out a lot nicer than the other two. Actually overall, the plant is really growing much more compact, and fuller buds than any of the eight plants in this grow..

I think the purple/dark reddish stem and branches that show early on could be a good thing !

View attachment 553565

It's definitely genetic on that plant. Has a different hue all together after closer inspection. She looks like some good smoke for sure.

P def is a very distinct red, very little to no hint of blue in it. It's almost like magenta, not as pink though.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
After a little thought, i think its discountable what light the plant gets in regards to stem colors. The stem colors are in the genetics, regardless of under floro, sun or HPS, leaf and stem colors will turn whatever hue their genetics predispose them to.

McCannabis

McCannabis

This appears to be an Mg issue to me. Mix a solution of 1 tbsp Epsom salts to 1 gallon water with a sticker/spreader and spray her down. You should see some improvement within 24 hours if it is Mg. Confirm your pH is correct in the medium as well. The petioles look green, and that's a distinct indicator of P issues. The necrotic spots and varigated (sp?) leaves with the yellowing edges leads me to believe you're having Mg issue and it may be due to a number of issues, first being check the pH of your medium by doing a slurry test. If that checks out and you see improvement with the foliar spray, that's what you need. If the pH checks out and you don't see improvement, continue researching the issue. If the pH is off, correct it and monitor for improvements.

She looks hungry. If you're in soil, give her some food, start at 1/4 strength dose of your choice of nutrients. Looks like an auto flower as well, so be extremely conservative with the nutrients. Purple petioles are not necessarily a good thing nor a bad thing. They can be an indicator of an issue though and in your case you have yellowing throughout the plant with purple petioles all the way throughout. She's obviously hungry at this point, or you have a serious pH issue.
I definitely think this is an auto!

Top Bottom