Red Stems & Pale New Growth

• Thread starter RBurndaweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

Perhaps you had a minor deficiency and over compensated, it happens.

PH in soil usually isn't that important, but when it is, you're going to want to do a slurry test to get the pH of the media itself. My suggestion of 6.4 is because I think you should flush, for normal feedings it's going to be down to what's going on with the pH in the media... though, you keep the beneficials thriving and pH won't matter much, so feed them.
Slurry test?

bibbles

bibbles

Take soil from the pot, mix it with water 1:1, then check the pH; this will tell you what's actually going on in your root zone. If you can check the pH/ppm of your feed compared to your runoff, this will also provide information about what's going on in the pot.

One time I fed at 6 and the runoff was like 4.5.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well water can be an issue but not always. You said your well water is Ph adjusted by you before use. Did you know that Ph and well water with high alkalinity or carbonate hardness are not one in the same. Meaning you can use correct Ph water all day long, but if your water is too hard with high alkalinity you can be driving up the overall Ph in your rhizosphere no matter what Ph you have your feed water set at. Its a good read. Dig in......

I will try to find my post from a few years back as this could be part of your problem........

Ahh heres the link........... https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ater-with-high-alkalinity.77509/#post-1569526

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

Well water can be an issue but not always. You said your well water is Ph adjusted by you before use. Did you know that Ph and well water with high alkalinity or carbonate hardness are not one in the same. Meaning you can use correct Ph water all day long, but if your water is too hard with high alkalinity you can be driving up the overall Ph in your rhizosphere no matter what Ph you have your feed water set at. Its a good read. Dig in......

I will try to find my post from a few years back as this could be part of your problem........

Ahh heres the link........... https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ater-with-high-alkalinity.77509/#post-1569526
I tested my runoff... It's was 5.57 and the original water pH was 6.70...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I tested my runoff... It's was 5.57 and the original water pH was 6.70...
you aren't getting it. read the article I posted for you and it will become clear...... if you have questions ask after reviewing ask away.......... I hope you get it sorted out... :D

bibbles

bibbles

High alkalinity will buffer your soil through build up, and cause pH to rise through the neutralization of acids; however, since your runoff is more acidic than your feed, we can fairly assume that acids are not being neutralized.

Drops in pH to runoff are often caused by excess salts, but there are other reasons as well; do the slurry test. Sulfur becomes less available in the lower pH range as well.

Do that foliar now, sulfur deficiency can take a while to recover from, and you won't see much growth till it's corrected. :/

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

High alkalinity will buffer your soil through build up, and cause pH to rise through the neutralization of acids; however, since your runoff is more acidic than your feed, we can fairly assume that acids are not being neutralized.

Drops in pH to runoff are often caused by excess salts, but there are other reasons as well; do the slurry test. Sulfur becomes less available in the lower pH range as well.

Do that foliar now, sulfur deficiency can take a while to recover from, and you won't see much growth till it's corrected. :/
Thanks Alot I definitely appreciate the info

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

IMG 20180422 071337
IMG 20180422 071359
IMG 20180422 071343
IMG 20180422 071353
is this a case of preflowering or an auto?? 18/6 lighting, 5 wks from seed, unknown strain but a friend got it from a dispensary, (dank most def) any ideas??

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

If it flips with put 11 to 12 hours dark...then its probably auto
So if it were u would u flip to flower on at least that plant... It's in my veg tent... I have flower tent going now(wk2 flow) but it's a scrog setup

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So if it were u would u flip to flower on at least that plant... It's in my veg tent... I have flower tent going now(wk2 flow) but it's a scrog setup
Just leave it in the veg tent..itll finish and if it herms then it wont trash veg plants.

Top Bottom