red stems ?????????

• Thread starter cooper1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cooper1

cooper1

i took cuts of wf, sour og ,lemon lerry og, they all took off runing i got them in ocen forest and i just hit them with a light dose of flora nova grow and hygrozyme
i just looked at the plant and all the stem are red and the staring too slow and the leaves look a little dark and slightly curled under i dont know to dose the or flush them this happen last time when they were in veg my ph is like 6.8 please help guys i got to get a camra charger then i will get some pics up there all about a foot tall they look nice but there just starting to look a littl shitie

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
there really isn't much info for us to go one here. but i would think since you gave a light dose of flora grow you need to up it a little. red stems is a sign of K(potassium deficiency). when you say leaves are curling do you mean like clawing(folding in a curling doward) or just rolling under ?

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

yeah could be cool temps as well..more info is needed my friend for us to help ya correctly

cooper1

cooper1

so i got a britta filter and took 10 gallons thrue it i made the ph 6 and mix 5 table spoons of epson salt and 3 table spoons of flora grow i flush them all with this last night should i flush out that epson salt or just feed it too it every time ???????? or is that one time going to be good

N

NoCalSoCal

Most heavy discolor stems are in-result of stress to the plant... temps / PH / EC
Usually if not corrected can lead to a complete shock of the plants (2+ weeks to recover in some cases). Odds are the stems with fan leaves will start to get dryer than the others, and will be higher risk for PM and other diseases.

B

bowlpacks

Most heavy discolor stems are in-result of stress to the plant... temps / PH / EC
Usually if not corrected can lead to a complete shock of the plants (2+ weeks to recover in some cases). Odds are the stems with fan leaves will start to get dryer than the others, and will be higher risk for PM and other diseases.
Yup. Stress. I usually see it in moms when people get lazy with a nute regimen because they've got a room full of beautiful blooming plants and lose track of they're moms. I also see it in pre vegging plants. Check your nutes. Are you feeding the recommended dosages?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i took cuts of wf, sour og ,lemon lerry og, they all took off runing i got them in ocen forest and i just hit them with a light dose of flora nova grow and hygrozyme
i just looked at the plant and all the stem are red and the staring too slow and the leaves look a little dark and slightly curled under i dont know to dose the or flush them this happen last time when they were in veg my ph is like 6.8 please help guys i got to get a camra charger then i will get some pics up there all about a foot tall they look nice but there just starting to look a littl shitie
Red stems, or PETIOLES? If it's the petioles (the stem that attaches the leaf to its branch) then that's often linked to a potassium uptake issue, which I personally have found is also directly related to two other factors--pH and light intensity (more seems to disallow reddening of the petioles).

If the leaves are dark green and curled under, you're pushing the nitrogen a wee bit high. I would expect this with Floranova IF you've been using it at recommended rates, which are astronomical to my eyes seeing as how I normally use (Bloom, not grow) at 3-5mls/gallon. If you're doing the reco'd 10-15mls/gallon (IIRC? do I recall that rate correctly?), oh my goodness, back it off.

The stems/petioles didn't turn red immediately after you fed the FNGrow, did they?

Is there a need to use the Epsom salts at this time? Are you seeing other things that lead you to believe a magnesium deficiency or imbalance has occurred? I would like to advise you to use the Epsom salts as a foliar only at this point. 1/4-1tsp/gallon would probably do, assuming it's needed.

Like others have mentioned and you know, a picture = 1K words.

Latest posts

Top Bottom