Redirecting Larf to drip edge?

• Thread starter TrichomeHunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichomeHunter

TrichomeHunter

I have Autoflowers in week 6 flower (day41) of a potential 10 to 14 week flowering period. Bruce Banner.

The foliage is damn near impossible to stay on top of and the larf never stops so I just let em ride.

My question is has anyone ever just redirected larf out through the middle to the lower outter edges of the canopy to open the middle up and give those tiny buds more air and light as well as opening the middle up for the main colas

jamk911

jamk911

I got 1 plant like this rn.. if i understand you correctly (rather than main colas the plants just shootin out a buncha little bs buds everywhere)..
What ive done is chop off about the lower half of the plant (anything without trichs rn is gone in week 5 of flower) .. then ill take those gangly branches w like 1 little nug on em and INDEED ill bend em towards the outside to fall inside better lighting (rather than tear off 4 leaves for 1 crappy branch.. )..
Its working well! This is whats happening..
One w small top buds is the troublesome one.. bigger budded one is a sister planted same exact time with more normal growth.. and a lower branch i removed for reference. I go right to the main stalk w em.

20220214 062543
20220214 062955
20220214 062958
20220214 063002
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

My question is has anyone ever just redirected larf out through the middle to the lower outter edges of the canopy to open the middle up and give those tiny buds more air and light as well as opening the middle up for the main colas
Yes many times, but even if they get full light exposure they will always be suckers...meaning stealing energy from the main cola...
Its much better IME to just cut em off and let the main cola get heavy and big....will save you a lot of work as far as trimming and yields are better quality

Top Bottom