Reflector Question

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have some spare Sunsystem XXXL Ac hoods with 8" cooling ports. They were orginally part of a 1000w setp for a Mh/HPS system.

I am donating them to a buddy that is going with a 600w MH/HPS setup. Can he run 600 w bulbs in these hoods/reflectors? I would think yes, just need confirmation before I give them to him. Thanks in advance

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have some spare Sunsystem XXXL Ac hoods with 8" cooling ports. They were orginally part of a 1000w setp for a Mh/HPS system.

I am donating them to a buddy that is going with a 600w MH/HPS setup. Can he run 600 w bulbs in these hoods/reflectors? I would think yes, just need confirmation before I give them to him. Thanks in advance
If the socket is the same and has 600 ballast

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Yes i believe the E 39 is standard mogel base for 150 watt HPS, 250 watt HPS, 400 watt HPS, 600 watt HPS, 1,000 watt HPS, 175 watt MH, 250 watt MH, 400 watt MH and 1,000 watt MH
he just needs to purchase the right ballast

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Or if yours are dimmable just turn them down.

Lots of folks I know run 600w mh at 750 and swear they are brighter. I figure that's the same as my ballast doing 1150 on my 1000w de bulbs.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Or if yours are dimmable just turn them down.

Lots of folks I know run 600w mh at 750 and swear they are brighter. I figure that's the same as my ballast doing 1150 on my 1000w de bulbs.
I hate to say it but lets see in most cases with using lights.
Were growing in our own homes , or apartments, or rental properties ballasts light bulbs are engineerred to work a certain way with proper things attached to it Right.
Now i do not know about you but i would hate explaining to police or insurance company or even land lord that you read it on the internet how to nigger rig a light ..

Its all about Safety and well being seriously when i leave my place with grow lights on i am comfortable its not going to burn my place to the ground .
Or when my kids and family go to bed at night
i sleep better ..
Its not about hey i got a 1000 watt ballast but will plug in a 600 watt bulb and dim it down to 600 or 650 watts that is just plain stupid

Use the right tools for the job were adults here lets use our brains instead of cutting corners that will probably bite you in the ass in the end ..
SAFETY FIRST if a person cannot get a a ballast right now oh well wait till next payday or save plan do it right and life will be better

So the ops quetion was can he plug in a 600 watt into same mogel socket that 1000's were in and the answer is yes.
Aslong as his buddy gets the right ballast and plug in's doing it right
Which i am confident his buddy will do

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes broski will be using right sized ballast for his application. :)

I appreciate you all piping in , I knew it was safe ( but at times second guess myself) but wanted the confirmation from some of you guys and you are appreciated for your input. Peace

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

If he dont want em or cant use em ill buy em broski!
20161119 113940
Its all love here!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If he dont want em or cant use em ill buy em broski!
View attachment 647127 Its all love here!
Kool pic man!! While I can appreciate your offer he is on his way over to pick them up. Makes me feel good to "pay it forward" and donate them to him as he has been there for me in the past and now he needs a hand up to get back to growin strong. Peace

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Hey as long as folks needs are being met man no worries. Keep me in mind if things change, esp if you can source cooltubes!

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

Most sockets are e40 so should be fine unless it's say a 315 or a de they should all be e40

Top Bottom