Reggae music listeners!

• Thread starter monkeytime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkeytime

This is not a spam post as I am not trying to sell anything.

I am a huge reggae music fan. Been collecting obscure vinyl for many years and I finally got around converting some tunes from vinyl and I would like to spread the irie vibes.

Dancehall, roots, digi, modern day,...not a fan of ska and much printed before 1980's.

I will post links via this thread for downloads as I will be uploading the tunes to 4shared storage. I will mainly post obscure tunes as the popular mainstream greats are easy to find.

Joey Bradley - Never Let Go

http://uploading.com/files/ma7a7973/Joey+Bradley+Never+Let+Go.mp3/

Jah Big - Since I Found Reggae
http://uploading.com/files/a5eef6m4/Jah+Big+Since+I+Found+Reggae.mp3/

The Mighty Diamonds - The Roots is There
http://uploading.com/files/5b455612/The+Mighty+Diamonds+The+Roots+Is+There.mp3/

Creation Rebel - Creation Rebel
http://uploading.com/files/2a5ad6d2/Creation+Rebel+Creation+Rebel.mp3/

Delroy Pinnock - I Want To Be
http://uploading.com/files/d316m2b5/Delroy+Pinnock+I+Want+To+Be.mp3/

S

sfzoo

pretty cool of you to do bro. huge reggae fan here. not so much of the newer stuff outta jamaica, but classics..80s, 90s dancehall. roots. ska. lovers rock. dub. almost anything before the year 2000 lol. kidding, but sorta not really..

devious d

devious d

hey love them old reggae tunes lovers,roots most before ragga, be in touch

Z

zoeronerer

what devious d in the place to be .... brrrrrrr ing it and ting rude bwoyyyyyy!!!!!!

next time ima use innit in a sentance wut.....

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Dub Step....and all the reg stuff also...more kids should listen reggae and chill..seems like this new music is making our kids real mad for no reason. Peace HDK

G

gudkarma

love it. love it. love it.

a great n. california band : groundation

very famous spanish (puerto rico) band : cultura profetica

check it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Gudkarma, yo soy Boricua-Americana, y me gusta reggaeton (todos, no). Tu diga su nombre es Cultura Profecta? Y son bueno canciones?
This is not a spam post as I am not trying to sell anything.

I am a huge reggae music fan. Been collecting obscure vinyl for many years and I finally got around converting some tunes from vinyl and I would like to spread the irie vibes.

Dancehall, roots, digi, modern day,...not a fan of ska and much printed before 1980's. PM me with your email addy and i'll send you fellas some killer tunes!
NOT a fan of ska? Pfff! I loves me the old irie melodies, and I lost each and every piece of vinyl in my collection when my ex and I divorced. Man, I had some really good old stuff in there, too.

If you've got some ska in that mix, too, I sure would be interested. I love pretty much all of it, to tell the truth. FTP, or what?

Otherwise I think I still have Limewire on this machine, but I haven't used it in years, literally. (Don't worry about regaling me with tales of viruses and trojans, I'm on Linux.) Can I even still remember the names...?

M

monkeytime

Fellas, I did not anticipate so much people interested, so I decided to open up a free account at 4shared. I will upload a few songs here and there and post the download links at the top, making it easier for both you and I. Expect the first tunes to be posted in the next 24 hours.

Since everyone like different types of reggae, I will do my best to post a diverse variety of tunes.

G

gudkarma

Gudkarma, yo soy Boricua-Americana, y me gusta reggaeton (todos, no). Tu diga su nombre es Cultura Profecta? Y son bueno canciones?

guapa, que la que hay?

no quiero desilusionar te, soy un gringo ...que tiene un titulo avancado en literatura espanola.

he vivido fuera del pais (costa rica) para estudiar antropolgia... espanol ...y correr olas.

tambien, unos anos, ensenaba el espanol a nieveles diferentes.

en la calle, mis amigos me llaman "mantequilla"... porque soy un gringo bien suave :rofl

"cultura profetica" has to be THE most famous spanish reggae band... they are from puerto rico.

i travel to PR every year to catch waves and check my home boys. never pay to stay, get rides everywhere, eat free, and surf tons.

was in PR to see some friends during "las justas" (spanish greek week for university frats), and cultura profetica sold 30,000 tickets in minutes.

i can not describe the scene where 30k people are smoking, dancing, vibing, and loving the same music.

and, i am fairly certain, they are the only band to ever record an album in a studio that was used principally by bob marley.

i am talking fucking HUGE fan base throughout latin america ...& music so fucking rad ...with a message so very special.

another great reggae band from PR is "gomba jahbari".

they are awesome too!

check out : robi draco rosa

not reggae but very, very famous. he was in "menudo" back in the day. his current stuff is dark & somber.

just excellent!

check out : ojos de brujo

they are from spain. fucking super famous. awesome, very conscious, music too ...combining a d-jay , live instruments, and a female vocalist in a spanish (europe) style called "flamenkillo" ...hip hop & beats with horns, percussion, and flamenco style guitar.

no dissapointments. 100% wicked!

and, their live show is INCREDIBLE.

darling, would you believe i can't stand reggaeton.

i prefer salsa vieja : la fania, el gran combo, hector lavoe, and others.

peace out.

sube el humo!

S

starzandskarz

how about rod deal and the ideals out of humboldt... gotta love their music

M

monkeytime

Fellas, check out my first post. I will post tunes there. Starting off with some early 80's roots reggae.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I saw Steel Pulse with Eek a Mouse and... now I'm drawing a blank... it was 1985, took the ferry out to Catalina Island and tripped on acid. That was a very good day, but I don't remember a whole lot of the details.
guapa, que la que hay?

no quiero desilusionar te, soy un gringo ...que tiene un titulo avancado en literatura espanola.

he vivido fuera del pais (costa rica) para estudiar antropolgia... espanol ...y correr olas.

tambien, unos anos, ensenaba el espanol a nieveles diferentes.

en la calle, mis amigos me llaman "mantequilla"... porque soy un gringo bien suave :rofl
They called you "Mantequilla"? LMAO! You know the island in a way very differently from my knowledge. Had to pay to stay for the very first time in my life this last visit in June, to take care of some final stuff after my grandfather passed away. I still have much family, but the ones I used to always stay with are old and sick and couldn't host me, really. Sad time for me.

Great story, interesting background. Thanks for sharing. :)

"cultura profetica" has to be THE most famous spanish reggae band... they are from puerto rico.

i travel to PR every year to catch waves and check my home boys. never pay to stay, get rides everywhere, eat free, and surf tons.

was in PR to see some friends during "las justas" (spanish greek week for university frats), and cultura profetica sold 30,000 tickets in minutes.

i can not describe the scene where 30k people are smoking, dancing, vibing, and loving the same music.

and, i am fairly certain, they are the only band to ever record an album in a studio that was used principally by bob marley.

i am talking fucking HUGE fan base throughout latin america ...& music so fucking rad ...with a message so very special.

another great reggae band from PR is "gomba jahbari".

they are awesome too!

check out : robi draco rosa

not reggae but very, very famous. he was in "menudo" back in the day. his current stuff is dark & somber.

just excellent!

check out : ojos de brujo

they are from spain. fucking super famous. awesome, very conscious, music too ...combining a d-jay , live instruments, and a female vocalist in a spanish (europe) style called "flamenkillo" ...hip hop & beats with horns, percussion, and flamenco style guitar.

no dissapointments. 100% wicked!

and, their live show is INCREDIBLE.

darling, would you believe i can't stand reggaeton.

i prefer salsa vieja : la fania, el gran combo, hector lavoe, and others.

peace out.

sube el humo!
I'm positive my cousin would know these bands, she's the one who's always talking to me about reggaeton. I'll have to throw somma those names out at her, I can hear her now, "Who told you these things?"

L

leao

This thread is officially awesome. That is all :rasta:

Thanks for posting the tunes BTW, I loves me some reggae!!

Top Bottom