Registry Application Fee Lowered.

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

The CDPHE's Board of Health voted unanimously today to lower the fee charged to apply for the MMJ Patient registry. They lowered the fee from $90 to $35. They will announce this new fee by a press release and by changing the fee amount on the forms. Not sure of the exact date they will do this.

GhostFace

GhostFace

some people will never be happy_ it was $120 then it went down to $90 and now down to $35.. agreed you shouldnt have to pay to be sick but $35 is a small price to pay to grow your own and self medicate :harvest: i will be waiting to re-apply as a patient when its finalized :pimp:

gotta lUv Colorado :icon_animal26:

they saw the drop off of people re-applying so they figured they would lower the price to suck everyone back in_ ill pay the $35 just for a peace of mind

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

The fee change was reported as happening on Jan. 1st 2012.

K

kolah

I'd rather pay more if it kept the feds off our backs. We ain't safe from them.

The fee cut is nice, don't get me wrong. Me thinks they lowered it because they are losing renewel (sp?) folks.

Also: I think low income folks (welfare, etc) do not pay a fee at all...as it should be. (correct me if I am wrong on that)

AND: I would have to say most red card people are not "sick."

T

ToastyRoadie

"recreational" patients.

Takes one to know one I suppose. So you are a recreational user under the guise of medicinal?

I won't hold it against you as I believe anyone who uses MJ benefits from the wide range of uses this medicine has.

K

kolah

"it takes one to know one."

hmmmmm, from the third grade? jk.

Honestly I use it for migraines and for kicking back. I get migraines maybe 1 per month but I smoke everyday-for "kicks". Therefore I consider myself a rec user. I am not "disguising" as anything, just telling it like it is. I just get a little hell-bent whenever I read all the bogus terminolgy relating MJ as "medicine"...and that all tokers are "patients." Yeah..there sure were a lot of disabled patients at the last Cannabis Cup. <eye-roll>

I admit there are many folks who are seriously hurting whether it be cancer patients or some other debilitating diseases. But if we could collect data and get an accurate comparison I would bet the ratio of REAL patients versus party-goers would be heavily tilted to recreational spleef-aholics, know what I'm saying? Face it, theres a shitload more people smoking pot just to get high than there are people smoking for serious health issues. I also think there is a mix of the both where some people smoke weed to eliminate pain (arthritis, bad knees, etc) AND also smoke for pleasure.

Just sit outside a dispensary and watch who comes and goes. I'd bet you'd see some pretty healthy people buying "medicine."

....now back on topic, I am done. Peace! :)

T

ToastyRoadie

"it takes one to know one."

hmmmmm, from the third grade? jk.

Honestly I use it for migraines and for kicking back. I get migraines maybe 1 per month but I smoke everyday-for "kicks". Therefore I consider myself a rec user. I am not "disguising" as anything, just telling it like it is. I just get a little hell-bent whenever I read all the bogus terminolgy relating MJ as "medicine"...and that all tokers are "patients." Yeah..there sure were a lot of disabled patients at the last Cannabis Cup. <eye-roll>

I admit there are many folks who are seriously hurting whether it be cancer patients or some other debilitating diseases. But if we could collect data and get an accurate comparison I would bet the ratio of REAL patients versus party-goers would be heavily tilted to recreational spleef-aholics, know what I'm saying? Face it, theres a shitload more people smoking pot just to get high than there are people smoking for serious health issues. I also think there is a mix of the both where some people smoke weed to eliminate pain (arthritis, bad knees, etc) AND also smoke for pleasure.

Just sit outside a dispensary and watch who comes and goes. I'd bet you'd see some pretty healthy people buying "medicine."

....now back on topic, I am done. Peace! :)

Disabled and seriously hurting, huh.

Glad you don't make the rules, lol.

Google "granny storm crow" if you don't already know all the medicinal uses of this highly medicinal plant.

How about our endo-cannabinoid system? We all have one. MJ is the only available natural cannabinoid there is.

I thought the whole point was to be healthy, ya know?

Melizzard

Melizzard

Just gotta say, Kolah, that no one would know I was sick if they passed me on the street. Makeup on my face, edgy clothes, silicone breast prosthetics in my bra ... The picture of health. Oh but I ain't. Not by a longshot. Can't judge a book by its cover. :)

Xxoo
Mel

T

ToastyRoadie

Just gotta say, Kolah, that no one would know I was sick if they passed me on the street. Makeup on my face, edgy clothes, silicone breast prosthetics in my bra ... The picture of health. Oh but I ain't. Not by a longshot. Can't judge a book by its cover. :)

Xxoo
Mel

Hey there Mel, good to see you around. Hope things are going well for you.

:)

Melizzard

Melizzard

Thanx Toasty! I'm here ... I mostly lurk since I don't grow any more. I guess I'm more here now cuz I love yu guys, it's home, and I like to represent the patient voice too. :)

Xxoo
Mel

Tripsick

Tripsick

So if they havent cashed our checks yet.. will we will get a refund?

K

kolah

My comments were not meant to be callous to Mel and other "real patients". I am not dismissing or dissin' the REAL patients who use MJ. I thought that I posted that clearly in my comments. I am sure some other folks may feel offended and chime in as well as they read my past comments. For the record: I am well aware that there are people who do not appear to be seriously sick but truely are (whether it be physical, mental or both). My comments are in no way meant to be misconstrued or twisted around.

It's this bullshit terminology "patients" and "medicine" and how it's projected to appear that makes me cringe. It is portrayed as though everyone is a patient and everyone is disabled and everyone is sick. Sorry I ain't buying it. And I am not buying it that the disabled and truely sick people are the majority of redcard holders. I am sure there are quite a large number of folks who hide under the mask of "patient" and use it to their advantage. That doesn't bother me either. The CO redcard is a great way to avoid being busted for all users, recreational and the sick folks. But the users, caregivers, etc who use the terminology "my PATIENTS and "medicine" bundle everyone into a "sick" catagory which IMO is totally inaccurate. Is it splitting hairs? I don't think so. It's just telling it like it is. A large majority of redcard holders did it solely for recreation and many others do it for some mild to moderate ailment AND for recreation. I would easily bet a very small proportion of people are honest-to-goodness REAL "patients."

I really do not want to see a jump-on-the-wagon assault on my comments. I'd rather stay with the topic (fees lowered). If anyone doesn't like what I have to say send me a PM. (but do not be surprised if I dont respond). I post my opinions (and almost always) just leave them lay and avoid any silly debating and shit-slinging. This thread was the exception.

Since it appears my opinions are offensive I won't comment on the whole "real patient versus recreational patient" thing anymore. That's all I gotZ to say. Peace!

sky high

sky high

IMO....you can easily tell who was serious about all of this and who merely jumped on the bandwagon by looking back to when they first stepped up and placed their name on the Registry.

If ya had a card pre-2008....you had merit and no doubt, had the medical need and medical records to back up the card you held. Things were serious back then.

Then the circus came to town....

If you got yer card after 2008 via a dispensary generated Dr visit...possibly with no existing medical records/etc.... um...yer situation is questionable. IMO.

I know folks who are merely using the card to avoid prosecution or to grow weed and avoid a real job/real life situation. I also know folks who are on Food Stamps and welfare and think they are entitled to that as well.... uuuhhhum.....

same shit. Different lyin' ass schmuck fuckin it up for those with true needs...

FWIW...the terms "patient" and "caregiver" were generated at the State/via A20... not by the folks holdin cards....

be well, all.

s h

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, some of us are growing weed, helping patients, and helping ourselves. Being sick is kind of relative, some folks, like myself, are sick (Crohn's) but have been sick for a long time, and know what to do when they are having a "FLARE" .......... and really really appreciate being able to use MMJ in those situtations. If you have met me, you know I don't look like a pot-head, and in fact look very healthy, but catch me on a chron's flare and you'd be like "Holy shit, Spleefman's about to die!" This week, as an example, has been horrible, and I've probably smoked a good ounce of Sour D since last Saturday when it started, joint after joint...... but today I am feeling better, and I know the flare is subsiding, and I'll taper off the weed and start getting out of the house and taking care of business, and it's be another few months before I flare again. Some people would go to the emergency room, get a CT Scan, stay over-night, rack up tens of thousands in hospital bills, but what's the point.... unless I am vomitting blood, I stay home. I'd pay $1,000 for the priviledge of smoking legally, it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative. Or, I would just smoke illegally.... what are they going to do? Either way, I am smoking.

E

Emithsuk

Kolah maybe you should consider dropping your card since you're not a real patient by your own standards. What people use their card for is their business and their doctors business, who cares what they look like. Medical brought high grade marijuana to the masses.

Dorje

Dorje

There's also A LOT of people who use MMJ to self-medicate symptoms of Bipolar 1 and 2 along with other brain-chemistry related issues. THC stabilizes mood swings... this use isn't accepted under CO's MMJ laws but IMO is a valid MEDICAL use. Many people do not even realize they have these issues, only that MMJ helps.

IMO, it's best not to judge others, even if they say they only want a red card for recreational purposes.

Top Bottom