regular seeds vs feminized

• Thread starter sky_blue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheTommyK

TheTommyK

So the latest skunk mag has an article on the subject and how to. The one thing it doesn't mention when you spray the plants with Colloidal silver ... can you then have that plant in with other flowering plants? .... or will the treated plant then pollinate the surrounding plants??

My gut feeling is yes (it would pollinate the plants).... but i am hoping someone is going to tell me that it only effects the sprayed plant ....

sky high

sky high

when you spray with colloidal or STS you reverse the female to a male....with balls..and pollen...and he/she WILL fuck any other female plants in the near vicinity.....just as any good male plant would do if given free reign. ;)

Thing is....all of the seeds from the encounter will be female in gender....S-1's if you hit the original female clone back with the reversed male of the same strain.....and fem crosses if you hit any other strain with the reversed male.

At least that's the cannbis sex ed talk >I< got.... :D Good luck!

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Thing is....all of the seeds from the encounter will be female in gender....S-1's if you hit the original female clone back with the reversed male of the same strain.....and fem crosses if you hit any other strain with the reversed male.
not sure I understand this part .....

but the rest answers my question.
At least that's the cannbis sex ed talk >I< got....
HA!!!!

sky high

sky high

From my understanding..... a "selfed" plant (s-1) is the product of reversing a female and using the pollen from the newly created >male< to hit a female from the same strain.

Same reversed female....placed in with a female from any other strain will produce "feminized" seeds.

Technically, they are all female seeds...aka seeds that will produce females when grown. Make more sense?

either way...good luck

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Interesting .... i think i get it now.

If I understand you correctly;
When a reversed female is placed among other female flowering plants (of any strain), it would pollinate those females and the result would be feminine seeds. So ....... this would be a way of cross breeding without having a male, of either of the contributing strains. Right?

sky high

sky high

Yup. Folks S-1 to preserve the genetics of a clone they really enjoy/wanna keep/grow again without crossing something into the original clone/without having a male/etc.

good luck man!

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

METAL!!!!
i am a far way off being able to take on such a lengthy experiment, but its great to have the understanding!
Cheers,

sky high

sky high

I've been playing around a bit with the process here. Like I say...I know just enough to be dangerous....but I have had a few successes and am looking forward to growing out a few of the creations in the future. You just need to set up a separate/ventilated space from your other room and give it a go....especially if you have something on hand you still want to be growing years down the road. Fun stuff. I hope you get a chance to check it out. Best of luck.

green punk

green punk

How long is STS mix keep for once you mix it. And generally how many times does she need to be sprayed to reverse?

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

it lays it out in the skunk mag in two ways:
spraying the plants (till dripping wet) 3 times with colloidal silver (at 120 ppm), three to four days apart at the same time that the plants are being switched to 12/12

the other way it describes is;
Spraying daily with 30 ppm colloidal silver for 2 weeks at the time of change to 12/12

both techniques observed similar results .

Latest posts

Top Bottom