Relatively newer OUTDOOR grower question.

• Thread starter KneeDeep34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Hi all... I've got years of indoor cultivating mainly in hydroponics setups.
I've got only about 2 or 3 outdoor seasons under my belt and yet I'm still running into issues.
I've recently (about 2 weeks ago) transplanted my babies to five gal buckets in my greenhouse. Gave a nice watering and microorganism dose.
We did have some freak late for the year frosts so that might be an issue for what I'm about to explain.
My question is this, why have the buckets not dried out any during a two week period?
Two of my plants look like they are settling in but my Lib haze just looks pissed off still.
Tested PH. 6.5
Tested PPM of runoff 500ish
Greenhouse Temp roughly high 60s (for now)
Humidity. 60%
Soil used HAPPY FROG
No added nutes

My plants just dont seem to be taking off like I expected. Had no issues like this last season.
Is it because of cooler than average temps in my area?
To high humidity?
I'm confident it's not a PH or TDS issue.

Or maybe I'm just over thinking it lol cause I'm so used to indoor hydroponics and being able to control every aspect of the environment.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Relatively newer outdoor grower question
Relatively newer outdoor grower question 2
Relatively newer outdoor grower question 3
mancorn

mancorn

Those are pretty big buckets for the small plant. Once they get saturated (enough for you to test run off), takes days and days for them to dry out. I normally go from beer cup to 1 gallon (which are really .6 gallon, but for some dumb reason they're called 1 gallon), 3, and then 5. At the size of your plants I'd still be in the 1 gallon. If you have bricks or flat rocks you can try slipping them under your pots to see if you can create a little heat to help dry out. Then next time you water, don't go to run off.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Probably too much water for such small plants
Also when you transplant into larger pots sometimes the plant stops growing because its focusing on growing roots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom