Remove or not?

• Thread starter Lilolme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

This is, in my best semi educated opinion, damage due to a severe lack of cal/mag in my spring water. Runs as low as 11 ppm at the faucet. I bumped up the cal/mag right away and have no new issues as of yet but am wondering if I should remove these big old fan leaves that are showing the effects late in their growth.
Remove or not
Remove or not 2
Remove or not 3

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I would remove the top 2, not because they are sligtly damaged but bcuz of light penetration, your plant will love it.
Also removen the leaf thats on the last pic

Lilolme

Lilolme

I know defoil is a touchy subject and I can see logic on both sides. I havenā€™t removed anything yet, the plants are thirty days old. I love dwc you can almost see the plants growin. Will be goin in with the snippers and clearin out the old stuff. This one really has been reachin for the lights which are two mars600s runnin pretty low at 14 inches this mornin.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I know defoil is a touchy subject and I can see logic on both sides. I havenā€™t removed anything yet, the plants are thirty days old. I love dwc you can almost see the plants growin. Will be goin in with the snippers and clearin out the old stuff. This one really has been reachin for the lights which are two mars600s runnin pretty low at 14 inches this mornin.
I wouldn't call this a defoliation I think that's different, these are damaged leaves. My point is you can remove them or not without a great deal of difference at this point but why not let the plant take what it needs from them first

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Yeah defoliation is only touchy for those who dont have any expirence with it. I defoliated these 3 plants heavily 4 times during their 8 week veg, also in dwc, waiting now for next week when they will have flowerd 3 weeks to defoliate the shit out of them one last time. Maybe one more defoliation week 6 we see.
20200113 200038

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah defoliation is only touchy for those who dont have any expirence with it. I defoliated these 3 plants heavily 4 times during their 8 week veg, also in dwc, waiting now for next week when they will have flowerd 3 weeks to defoliate the shit out of them one last time. Maybe one more defoliation week 6 we see.
View attachment 930342
same way about 5th week in i give um a cut

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is, in my best semi educated opinion, damage due to a severe lack of cal/mag in my spring water. Runs as low as 11 ppm at the faucet. I bumped up the cal/mag right away and have no new issues as of yet but am wondering if I should remove these big old fan leaves that are showing the effects late in their growth. View attachment 930335View attachment 930336View attachment 930337

Looks like too much nutes. Leaves too dark green. Starting to lock out mag. Thats my opinion anyway. I would lower ec maybe run some fresh water through first.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Runnin 630 ppm this am, have been bumpin it up gradually from the start but have been at the high end of the recommended dosage of cal/mag since the leaf spot issues. Havenā€™t had any tip burn. This nute batch is only 3 days old but I can easily mix another or pump some out and dilute with straight water. They havenā€™t been showin the light lime green on the new growth. Bear in mind my pics are taken through the lens of my led glasses so true color is not represented very well. Thanks all for the input.
13D85DA9 D2C1 4F8E A191 1DFCD903D861
90706E77 FD03 42E4 9D6C 1C7744773AE9

Lilolme

Lilolme

This was the girls 3 weeks and 3 days ago I should probly back off on the nutes, gonna pump out half and top off with water, today was 5.8 ph at the faucet gonna bump that up to 6.0. 300-400 ppm is my goal.
BA48B46B 0664 40F5 AE3E 440985910898

Lilolme

Lilolme

Lowering the ppm helped a lot, 330 this mornin growth is less dark green and the leaf clawing is improving. Still tryin to figure out how to address my very low ppm spring water in regards to my nute strength. I am using gh trio with cal/mag supplement and sm-90 for the roots.
5C1EC7FE 9E1E 4884 9ADF D2D0C79DA8BA
CB674861 71C5 4FBB B5B5 BEAB9AFB2817
4F09776B EB1B 4A66 AEA8 B30C6771DA9A

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

If your water has very low ppm add cal/mag to get the ppm to 150 -200 ppm then add ferts to the desired ppm. Good luck with your grow

Lilolme

Lilolme

If your water has very low ppm add cal/mag to get the ppm to 150 -200 ppm then add ferts to the desired ppm. Good luck with your grow
Thanks, I saw that in some reading also, nobody has seemed to understand or believe that I have such low ppm at my faucet. This is the first time I am learning about how to adjust for it! Even after spending a considerable amount of time on another grow site(420 magazine). The good part is absolutely zero chemicals in my water. Thanks again

Lilolme

Lilolme

The advise has been tremendously helpful, it really amazes me how fast they grow when things are goin good. I have to do something about the little runt, Iā€™m gonna build a bucket dwc and try to get it moved into it and under its own lights
CD0E7352 6963 42F6 82CC D57E6BB7D8A4
7FBBBB24 A34D 49D8 A8B6 3B0DFA481252
F87253F3 D600 4A8F BDFC C2199C3E94A9

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

Ur plant looks good and ur welcome. small things make the big differences when growing herb I've found over the years and there is no better way to learn than read and put into practice what u've learned that will apply to ur specific method for growing. Lots of great growers on this site to draw help and info from. I go on most growing sites daily but this is the best imo

Lilolme

Lilolme

Ur plant looks good and ur welcome. small things make the big differences when growing herb I've found over the years and there is no better way to learn than read and put into practice what u've learned that will apply to ur specific method for growing. Lots of great growers on this site to draw help and info from. I go on most growing sites daily but this is the best imo
I kinda like the challenges, take an all but dead twig and grow it into a monster. Find out whats wrong and make it right quickly. Build a grow from basic household stuff. Keeps my mind active. Get a little interaction with like minded people. Love it

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

Always good to keep ur mind busy i know all about that. And maybe ease up on ferts a little u have leaf tip curling slightly in one pic it can be signs of too much nitrogen

Lilolme

Lilolme

Backin off the strength the res was 180 ppm this am and will need a couple gallons, I topped it off yesterday she is really gulpin it up now. The air pump for the bucket is supposed to be here today. I bought a vivohome Big ol 6 outlet pump that is louder than a lawnmower so thats goin back. A hygger 10 watt pump is on the way. I have to flip soon its gettin big, soon as I get the runt out gonna start to lst the branches although the weight is doin that fairly well already.

Havocsm1

Havocsm1

This is, in my best semi educated opinion, damage due to a severe lack of cal/mag in my spring water. Runs as low as 11 ppm at the faucet. I bumped up the cal/mag right away and have no new issues as of yet but am wondering if I should remove these big old fan leaves that are showing the effects late in their growth. View attachment 930335View attachment 930336View attachment 930337
If it's straight up fugly just snip it. A little brown, keep it. I for one don't like peeking in my tent and seeing that one or two bright yellow leaves with residual scarring.

Then again if it's not too bad I'll just let it stay the plant will eventually use it.

Only defol bottom of plant that not getting much if any light.šŸ¤˜šŸ¤˜

Latest posts

Top Bottom