Remove Popcorn Bud Sites During Flower ???

• Thread starter dduc2310
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dduc2310

Hi guys,

My plant has lots of small bud site toward the bottom-half. Some articles i've read suggested that these bud sites will affect the final yield as it take away nutrient for upper bud sites-where it actually matter. I'm currently 2-3 weeks away from havest so is this better to remove these small bud-sites or just leave them.

Remove popcorn bud sites during flower
Remove popcorn bud sites during flower 2
Remove popcorn bud sites during flower 3
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Makes good hash though.
Yeah if you’re into making hash, it does. It also doesn’t necessarily means bad weed too, just fluffy. Bad bag appeal and a little bland thats all. Better if the energy used to fatten up the big tops imo:)

H

Highkev

Yeah if you’re into making hash, it does. It also doesn’t necessarily means bad weed too, just fluffy. Bad bag appeal and a little bland thats all. Better if the energy used to fatten up the big tops imo:)
So if he were to take them off when would be the best time? To snip em away?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
So if he were to take them off when would be the best time? To snip em away?
Well i do it as soon as the preflowers start to form, imo no need to keep them if you are going to pluck them.. if the light penetration is bad and notice there are still some popcorns left after a while, can do a second run and take those too.
But its important to know the strain and your light penetration to determine how much you take especially if you are going to do it for the first time. In that case you can wait for them to shape up a bit and get a general idea about it. If they are not growing and throwing much pistils, generally look small and mostly composed of leaf matter, pluck them.
Thats how i do it at least.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Preferably everything down low a week before you flip to flower.
Well i do it as soon as the preflowers start to form, imo no need to keep them if you are going to pluck them.. if the light penetration is bad and notice there are still some popcorns left after a while, can do a second run and take those too.
But its important to know the strain and your light penetration to determine how much you take especially if you are going to do it for the first time. In that case you can wait for them to shape up a bit and get a general idea about it. If they are not growing and throwing much pistils, generally look small and mostly composed of leaf matter, pluck them.
Thats how i do it at least.
Lets say between 1 week prior to switch to 1 week after the switch. As you get comfortable move towards before the switch :)

D

dduc2310

Leave and finish them later. What long into flowering are you?
Maybe i defoliated a bit too much. This is my first grow:(. Some of the fan leaves got yellow and die off too. Some say it is better to trim fan leaves for better light penetration and air-flow (my grow area has high humidity so this is important). It is very difficult to know how much trimming is enough so any advice guys ??

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Maybe i defoliated a bit too much. This is my first grow:(. Some of the fan leaves got yellow and die off too. Some say it is better to trim fan leaves for better light penetration and air-flow (my grow area has high humidity so this is important). It is very difficult to know how much trimming is enough so any advice guys ??
They look great as it is. I wouldn't do anything. You can always finish up the popcorn buds after you harvest what is on top first.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No defoliation is best unless actually needed. Maybe if plants are too crowded and leaves are overlapping and collecting moisture it is a good technique.

But proper airflow is the way to mitigate mold and such. And if it doesn’t bring the humidity down to safe levels you really need a dehumidifier.

Also if you remove the leaves you have no buffer if deficiencies show up. The plant will move the missing elements from its fan leaves to keep flowering. Gives more time to reverse problems.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I would definitely get your humidity situation under control.

Top Bottom