Removed helmet head…does it look alive/will it survive

• Thread starter NewGrower42069
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NewGrower42069

Lost 2 seeds to helmet head already.. I want to have hope but this guys been above soil for 4-5 days and looks worse than ones that broke soil 24-48 hours ago. I soaked seed and was very gentle trying not to pull upwards
tell me what u guys think because the problematic seedling is in my biggest pot with the best soil and I’m tempted to transplant one of the good ones to it.. I would much prefer if it could survive though :(
I need opinions!
does it look alive, dead, like it can survive or a huge waste of time? :(
first 2 pics are of the helmet head seed

Removed helmet headdoes it look alivewill it survive
Removed helmet headdoes it look alivewill it survive 2
Removed helmet headdoes it look alivewill it survive 3
Removed helmet headdoes it look alivewill it survive 4
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Looks like you got it in time - should be alright - you'll know in a day or two. This happens a lot actually, it's catching it in-time that matters, I think you got it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It happens almost every grow for me. I've also yet to lose a seedling due to helmet head. Given proper care, even those that have had the roughest start to life can grow through it and eventually thrive. You should be fine based on your picture ...

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
It happens almost every grow for me. I've also yet to lose a seedling due to helmet head. Given proper care, even those that have had the roughest start to life can grow through it and eventually thrive. You should be fine based on your picture ...
I keep a pair of tweezers in my grow room for this purpose alone

N

NewGrower42069

Awesome thank u guys..
I was about to run out and buy more seeds.. fingers crossed!!!
I messed up the first 2 by pulling the seed upwards.. this time I used a wet qtip and kinda swirled it gently around the seed/embryo sac and just gently lifted it away sideway. let’s hope it recovers quickly! :x
im hoping the lack of growth was because the cotyledons haven’t been getting the sun to feed the growth?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Awesome thank u guys..
I was about to run out and buy more seeds.. fingers crossed!!!
I messed up the first 2 by pulling the seed upwards.. this time I used a wet qtip and kinda swirled it gently around the seed/embryo sac and just gently lifted it away sideway. let’s hope it recovers quickly! :x
im hoping the lack of growth was because the cotyledons haven’t been getting the sun to feed the growth?
You’ll know in 2 - 3 days if they are thriving.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
happens because seeds not planted deep enough, the shell should be removed by pushing up through the medium.
i don’t get that happening too much myself, but i’m careful when trying to remove when it does..

N

NewGrower42069

You’ll know in 2 - 3 days if they are thriving.
Thanks bro! Gonna start germinating another seed and if this one proves itself I’ll just give the germinated seed to a buddy.
I honestly am not hopeful though.. atleast I know how deep to plant them now..
I was trying to get it to break soil within 24 hours but my 2 seeds that took 2 days to break the soil came without helmet head and look beautiful!
so deeper I shall plant!
it’s like.. the fear of messing one thing up messes me up in another way.. fear of planting too deep, vs shallow
fear of over water/not giving enough water
haha fuck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom