Removing Fan Leafs 2nd Week Of Flower?

• Thread starter Lpindicaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lpindicaman

Lpindicaman

Is it ok to remove fan leaves in 2nd week of flowering these things are huge and blocking lots of buds

embaks

embaks

Pics.. Please. Normally I'd say remove the branch with the bid on it seeing how its just taking away the energy from.the most potent part

akstoner

akstoner

i trim and clean up the lower portian of the plant and i will only remove 2-4 tops! just my .05 enjoy keep growing Bud.....

saltwater

saltwater

Not sure. Don't know if it would affect it much. All I know is I decided to remove branches on one of my plants in my 3rd week of flower because I didn't want small buds at the bottom.

I had two plants, exact same clones about the same size.

After removing branches at the bottom, I saw no abnormal growth in the plant I cut branches off. Bud sizes are comparable. But that is just one case. I'm no expert. But that was just from my experience so far.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is it ok to remove fan leaves in 2nd week of flowering these things are huge and blocking lots of buds
Better to remove those poor bud sites, IMO. Just pinch them off. Keep the leaves, they're the motor AND the chassis.

Think about it this way--what does a plant do? It photosynthesizes (in order to make sugars, but that's a digression).
How does it photosynthesize? With its solar panels, aka leaves.
What happens if you remove the solar panels?
It can't photosynthesize as well.

Keep the leaves, remove the lower bud sites instead. I found the date growing primer on Dateland's website to be the most helpful in getting my head wrapped around how to select OUT for the best fruit or flowers.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Could you just tuck them under the bud sites?

I take everything off up to about halfway up the plant. If I misjudge it and am leafier than i would like, I just go with tying them down/over/etc to get them where they need to go.

Z

Zen Garden

Definitely remove the lower bud sites, e.g., anything that won't make it to the top. Personally, I like to remove all large fan leaves that can easily be pinched off with a finger; I do it all the way through. I've found that this technique does not dimish my yields, keeps plants from stretching, and creates a nice even canopy. Some people will disagree and that's fine.

When in doubt it's best to start out slowly by testing a few plants and see how they respond. Some strains love it and some don't.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I do a full leaf strip , taking all fan leaves except for the ones on top, this allows for better light penatration/ distribution I've done this on 3 different grow & the plant reacted good w lots of growth! Removing those fan leaves sent all enegy to the buds i dont have pics they were on another site but here is a guy that i try to mimic

Chk it out vid on FULL LEAF STRIP

Z

Zen Garden

Wish I would have taken a pic of my GG4 clone. I picked her up from harborside and after 1 month there was absolutely no growth. The main stem was hardening off and all the existing growth was dead or dying. I stripped all the leafs off leaving only the nodes and topped her. Before I did this I was going to toss her. 2 weeks after stripping and topping she came back with a vengeance! Roots growing out the bottom of the container and nodes turned into huge healthy fans. The turn around was absolutely amazing. I did this to a platinum Og clone that was in similar condition and it brought her back to life as well.

On the other hand, I have noticed that stripping leafs also results in even more leafs/bushier and tighter internodal spacing than if you left it alone. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your desired outcome.

scubascrog

scubascrog

uh, that guy's video is funny, his plants are so tall, and he has so many of them, and they arent filled out at all, I wouldn't say I wanna be like him. the guy he bashes in his videos has his own nutrient line too.

Top Bottom