removing fan leaves during stretch

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

is it ok to remove fan leaves during the first week of the stretch that are blocking bud sites ?

Jakecan

Jakecan

is it ok to remove fan leaves during the first week of the stretch that are blocking bud sites ?
I personally would leave it until about week 3 flower. Can you see buds yet or are you in first week of flower? Did you defoliate before flipping to flower?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

im in first week of flower day 2 no buds yets and i have been just removing any leaves that were blocking any bud sites as i go

Jakecan

Jakecan

As long as airflow isn't restricted and your space isn't overgrown you'll be fine! I would for sure defoliate around week 3 and lollipop the plant a bit as well. Could I see a picture of your plant? Some people leaf pull some people don't! Some plant don't produce as much leaves as others either so sometimes a leaf pull isn't really needed. I would recommend pulling sick leaves which tend to be at the bottom of the plant. Especially going into flower you've go the right idea of taking leaves off that block bud sites.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

As long as airflow isn't restricted and your space isn't overgrown you'll be fine! I would for sure defoliate around week 3 and lollipop the plant a bit as well. Could I see a picture of your plant? Some people leaf pull some people don't! Some plant don't produce as much leaves as others either so sometimes a leaf pull isn't really needed. I would recommend pulling sick leaves which tend to be at the bottom of the plant. Especially going into flower you've go the right idea of taking leaves off that block bud sites.
20210922 215642
20210922 215659

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I mean you can leave a few :) picture take today.

Depends how fast you can grow them back lol, for me it's easy.

I flipped to 12/12 about a week ago, notice pistols on the newest sites.. And boom.. Stripped them to this and I'm done tucking. Each net hole has one bud site roughly.

20210923 170213
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

You got some nice plants, good job! 👍

Obviously, what you're already doing, is working well for you...Personally, we would remove maybe less than 1/4 of the fan leaves (that are blocking bud sites, etc.), and to help with good air flow and bud rot problems too. I would start from the bottom up, from the inside outwards, just gotta "eyeball" it...You don't wanna remove too much at one time, that may stress your plants, especially since you haven't trimmed from early growth, I'd start with just a little at a time a day, you'll notice when too much is too much, regarding rather the plant is stressed even within 30-60 mins. you may notice a difference (if any). 🤔

Good Luck and keep up the good work! 👍😎🤟

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Obviously, what you're already doing, is working well for you...Personally, we would remove maybe less than 1/4 of the fan leaves (that are blocking bud sites, etc.), and to help with good air flow and bud rot problems too. I would start from the bottom up, from the inside outwards, just gotta "eyeball" it...You don't wanna remove too much at one time, that may stress your plants, especially since you haven't trimmed from early growth, I'd start with just a little at a time a day, you'll notice when too much is too much, regarding rather the plant is stressed even within 30-60 mins. you may notice a difference (if any). 🤔

i have been trimming these bitches since birth lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Top Bottom