Removing fan leaves in 4th - 5th week of flower

• Thread starter Secret11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Secret11

Secret11

Will removing like 1 or 2 leaves per plant per day cause any stress to my plant that could reduce yields since the flowers are growing the most right now?

I am also supplementing ormus and sometimes b vitamins these are both anti stressors i think, also adequate pk 13/14 and flowering complex.

elduderito

elduderito

I've read several people state they don't defoliate past day ~21 -- however I think there are some exceptions where it is acceptable, for example: increase airflow, allow light to lower shaded tops...

What are you trying to achieve through defoliation at this point? which fan leaves do you want to remove ? how many days ? pictures would help...

Secret11

Secret11

i think it's been like 29 days since she started flowering, i'm trying to achieve the most light to all the bud sites, i can post photo tomorrow, they're sleeping right now.

Madmax

Madmax

This is more common when growing under leds as they have more white in there fixtures..you could checkout some of sshz's grows on here running gavita 1700e . Very Well detailed .theres a few podcasts from rasta jeff on the subject and some others....its important that your plants are heathy before pruning..

Secret11

Secret11

Ok, here's photos and video and i have one more question

if i cut fan leaves like this, it should cause less stress to the plants, right?
IMG 20211115 174117

I also have this white SMD led light that i bough for myself but it's super bright so i use it now to get the bottom most light. It's got like 20 smd led chips in there.
IMG 20211115 174206

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

You could probably get away with taking one or two a day but you wanna be carful not to stress to much and remember your not gonna grow a ton of leaves back so just take the large fan leaves that are overlapping or covering bud sites. Next time just plan to remove fan leaves right after 2 week stretch right after flip.

Top Bottom