Removing fan leaves please advise

• Thread starter wizard122
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wizard122

wizard122

Hi third grow and all looks great. But I have all these big fan leaves and would like to know if I should remove some of them to get some light down below or just leave them alone. Week two of flower
Removing fan leaves please advise
Removing fan leaves please advise 2

BigCube

BigCube

It's a judgment call you alone have to make.

Removing large fan leaves can give you more light to the lower branches. But it also removes some of the plants ability to photosynthesize.

I personally scrog. So everything below the net is GONE. Anything that far down is just popcorn I don't want or want to process.

I only defoliate for airflow and space. To prevent mold, rot and other dangers that come from poor airflow and dense foliage.

Personally I will remove a giant fan leaf that's covering multiple bud sites.

growsince79

growsince79

As overcrowded as that is you probably have to. Wasted time vegging too long.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Week 2 of flower. You wanna take off lower branches and leaves so it jumps up before week 3 ends. Youll defoliate the fan leaves a bit when doing that. But when its week 6 or week 7 of flower is when you do a heavy defoliation of the fan leaves.

wizard122

wizard122

As overcrowded as that is you probably have to. Wasted time vegging too long.
They are 9 weeks old. Total 4 plants n a 4x4 tent would you have veg them for only 5-6 weeks. Still a newbie šŸ˜Œ And if I did would I have gotten better results?

growsince79

growsince79

They are 9 weeks old. Total 4 plants n a 4x4 tent would you have veg them for only 5-6 weeks. Still a newbie šŸ˜Œ And if I did would I have gotten better results?
Yes, the relative yield would probably be better. A lot depends on strain and how much they stretch. I do 4 vegged 4 weeks in a 2 x 4 if I want highest yield. vegged 4 weeks in a 4 x 4 could yield 2 pounds in three months.

Top Bottom