Removing heat from light increased tent temps?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

This makes sense doesn’t it?

usually my light is 51c and the tent is about 25c

I didn’t like the light being that hot so I set
My online 4” to blow on it.

the light is now 39c but the tent is 29c/85f. Is that too hot for 8 weeks into flower?

I basically am taking the heat from the light and putting it in the air now right?

Removing heat from light increased tent temps
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Hey bro, I’m a newb so take what I say with a grain of salt. I ordered a set of heat sinks and an AC infinity fan and mounted the heat sinks on the driver with some thermal paste and mounted the fan on the heats sinks. Fan blows upwards instead of down and it has worked like a charm

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Move the power supply outside the tent. You can buy 18gauge thermostat wire from most hardware stores. This will help keep both the diodes and the power supply cooler while removing any heat produced from the power supply.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
That grey box on top of my light you mean?
Yeah, like Aqua said you can move it to the outside of the tent, or what I posted will help lower the temps on the driver to prolong life and not affect temps in the tent. I bought the wire Aqua is talking about but I really didn’t have anywhere in my closet to mount it and I wanted to lower the temp of the driver

CF89

CF89

It seems like the light itself makes a fair amount of heat too though? Or maybe it is all just from that driver.

either way. The heat will be easy to beat with winter coming. I’m going to build a bit of a window box

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It seems like the light itself makes a fair amount of heat too though? Or maybe it is all just from that driver.

either way. The heat will be easy to beat with winter coming. I’m going to build a bit of a window box

both will produce heat... but removing the driver will remove some of the heat and also allow it to sit in a cooler area which is better for the driver. The diodes will still produce heat but overall it should reduce the load a bit. I think its better to have then seperated by a heat sink or outside the tent in any case.

CF89

CF89

I messaged kingbrite. They got a 3m cable for $5. Can’t say no to that.

They also got back to me in like 20 mins. I swear they’ve got the best customer service I’ve seen in 15 years of online buying.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I messaged kingbrite. They got a 3m cable for $5. Can’t say no to that.

They also got back to me in like 20 mins. I swear they’ve got the best customer service I’ve seen in 15 years of online buying.
Is that for the driver to the light or plug to the driver?

Cracken

Cracken

having my driver outside, my room never gets higher then 86F. i bought wire from Home Depot made for tool cords, cost $30 for 30ft just need to solder the wire tips so they are easier to insert into the connector and give better connection.

Light 1
Light 3
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

18 awg thhn (building wire) you can use as well. I like stranded wire with wire nuts, electrical tape and zip ties.

Top Bottom