Removing males from active grow?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi, is it possible to do a grow that goes to the end of flower without pollination occurring where you use regular seeds and remove males as you go?

You’d have to recognise males as early as possible and get them out before they pollinate, but I don’t know if that’s possible to do while being sure not to get pollination.

Cheers

Nugg

Nugg

Unless your doing a thousand plants at once I don't see a issue, unless you don't know what you're doing.. you have few days during transition before they open.and growing you can't guarantee your neighbor doesn't have a male or wild hemp growing in the ditch down the road..

Last edited:
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

hermaphrodites, too, maybe from mixed bag.

males tends to grow taller, mature earlier, and you'll notice 'the balls' when it develops.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

wouldn't worry about it. maybe allow 50% female 50% male for total # of plants you're intending to grow out, depending on genetics of a 'mixed bag' of seeds. then you can cull the males from females, and then if too many females then cull the strugglers, depending on your grow space.

and you would notice these 'balls' before they pollinate.

Andy

Andy

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. When would I start to notice the difference? Perhaps around 1.5-2 weeks into flower?

NairnM16

NairnM16

Hi, is it possible to do a grow that goes to the end of flower without pollination occurring where you use regular seeds and remove males as you go?

You’d have to recognise males as early as possible and get them out before they pollinate, but I don’t know if that’s possible to do while being sure not to get pollination.

Cheers
The Male plant normally pops up about a week before the female in pre flower it’s all about double checking nd making sure to to burst a pollen sack

Latest posts

Top Bottom