Removing Pesticide ?

• Thread starter Mr SG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rascali

I know everyone is trying to be helpful. I do not think "Start with pesticide free trim" is that helpful. Does anyone have a process that reduces pesticides in concentrates to OR standards including Myclo? Thanks

Uh, didn't you read the thread?

NO, you can't fix this on the back end, that's why " Start with pesticide-free material" is the best and ONLY answer. Whatever it takes too achieve this is the only correct course of action. There is no "pro" trick for making good on contaminated concentrates, STOP believing there is.

Sooner than later people are going to lose their sense of humor about all this and some of the "I can fix this" crowd are going to go to jail.

G

GreenWitch

Uh, didn't you read the thread?

NO, you can't fix this on the back end, that's why " Start with pesticide-free material" is the best and ONLY answer. Whatever it takes too achieve this is the only correct course of action. There is no "pro" trick for making good on contaminated concentrates, STOP believing there is.

Sooner than later people are going to lose their sense of humor about all this and some of the "I can fix this" crowd are going to go to jail.

Wow! So if someone had a way to remediate pesticides including Myclo, they would have a strong competitive advantage. I won't need to post it, you'll just see it showing up at the coops. And yes, I agree with you that growers should ready themselves for 2018 and find alternatives to harmful pesticides. And yes, I agree with you that it is very serious. Right now it's just outrageous fines...so we really agree on most everything. The only dumb question is the one that's not asked (unless you're Rump).

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hey Graywolf, when you point out the contamination of recovered butane. Would it also apply to CO2 contamination as well if pesticides were present?
Good question! Let me check with a CO2 guru and I'll report back.

N

NorCalExtraX

This is a very common issue here in California. We have been experimenting for years trying to remove pesticides from trim sourced for our facility. Initial tests will come back clean and extracts test dirty. To take that one step further trim tests clean, sugar or wax test clean and then distillate tests dirty. The problem is Myclobutanil and Neonicotinoids have a very similar molecular shape, weight and size as thc and other cannibinoids. Turning it into clear will only increase your ppm of these pesticides because you will be removing other compounds like lipids and fats thus increasing your ppm of residual pesticides. Private message me and I'll tell you what we are doing to remove as much as we can but I haven't been able to move 100% of them.

G

GreenWitch

This is a very common issue here in California. We have been experimenting for years trying to remove pesticides from trim sourced for our facility. Initial tests will come back clean and extracts test dirty. To take that one step further trim tests clean, sugar or wax test clean and then distillate tests dirty. The problem is Myclobutanil and Neonicotinoids have a very similar molecular shape, weight and size as thc and other cannibinoids. Turning it into clear will only increase your ppm of these pesticides because you will be removing other compounds like lipids and fats thus increasing your ppm of residual pesticides. Private message me and I'll tell you what we are doing to remove as much as we can but I haven't been able to move 100% of them.
I'm interested in discussing this. GreenWitch

G

GNYC

Work for a prop 215 company in north cali. had some oil test positive for p. seeing esticide. Has myclobutanil in it 2.40mg/kg. Looking to see if anyone has ideas. I was thinking a hexane wash looks like it is soluble in water.
co distillation techniques and some extra filtering to grab what you can i've only seen it go down to ppb never completely removed but ppb better then the ppm i've seen everyone else struggle to get to but 0 is def the goal...

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I'm not just saying this without a reason let me explain. If you live in CA then you know that we grow grapes.... a lot of grapes.

Yup, we do. Watching that all my life convinced me growing my own is the only way to be sure I don't become the victim of the rationalization of some other random producer. This tendency to try to sift gold from sewage is not a mindset I admire.

R

redlife215

That mycobutinol is in the soil up in norcal prob all of cali. It is in the outdkor trim and i have never heard of using eagle 20 for outdklr yse but i think it comes from its heavy use in the wine grape growers throught the state. It must blow in the wind or contaninate the soil in tge bjg soil yards or something cus it really is crazy that outdoor trim is almost always useless when turned into distillate because of it. I have heard of gexane wasges or whatever so i cant soeak on it but i woild definately be careful if u grow weed oitdorr in cali and wanna nake clear

R

redlife215

Okay... Everyone saying (Throw it away only use clean material) you're a bunch of impractical idiots, and I'm not just saying this without a reason let me explain. If you live in CA then you know that we grow grapes.... a lot of grapes. Myclobutanil is predominately used in CA, I mean like 90% or so of the Myclobutanil is used here in CA, pretty much the only other place it is used is France. Its used to control PM on grapes and is sprayed by atomizers or dumped from aircraft over vines to get onto the plant. It travels literally 100's of miles in the air and if you grow out doors pretty much anywhere in CA then you have it. You have it in low or high doses which is why it comes up so often. People know not to use Eagle 20 but it still comes up in an outdoor field.

Graywolf, Ive followed you for years I mean nearly a decade man and this is hands down the weakest chain of responses I've ever seen from you, as a matter of fact it was so poor that I made an account so I could post this. You almost always have an answer to every problem or at the very least can point someone in the right direction. I have the upmost respect for you by the way.

Pesticide removal is the right way to go. Medicine can still be safe if the pesticides are low reduced below detection which in most cases is between .1-.2ppm. You take in 10x more pesticide eating an apple. Hexane washing is on the right path, most of these pesticides are virtually insoluble in saturated Aliphatic hydrocarbon, but you still have to filter it out so you need to use size exclusion to remove them. a 15 micron filter will probably get you below detection.

The other option is saponification, most of these pesticides undergo hydrolysis under highly alkaline PH. Let it sit for 8-10 hours at a high ph preferably 10-12 and then mix thoroughly, make sure to rebalance or when you begin to take off your solvent you'll make soap. hope this helps people out.

Awesome response man u hit it riggt on the nose. Wish everybody had the same snese that u have. Everybody here points fingers and talks shit when they have no idea what is really going on.

G

GNYC

again with a combination of other solvents, some filtering and codistillation techniques you can remove myclobutanil down to the ppb i've never seen it 100% removed. Though I have seen people struggle to get to ppm w/o other solvents, filtering and codistillation techniques.

Top Bottom