Renting Forest Space

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Been looking for some additional spaces to crop TREES - problem is that nobody in in our area wants anything to do with cultivation, and doesn't want to rent to us, even though we're a legal, licensed, co-op with plenty of existing landlord references...however; I understand.

Are you urban (warehouse) or are you in a low key private spot?

Do you rent or own your space? Does your landlord know, or is it all a secret?

Haven't been able to find any freestanding buildings so I'm looking at multi-tenant industrial parks right now...

Not trying to blow up anyone's game here. If the question isn't cool, no worries. I'm just so IN LOVE with gardening and running the under current that it's all I want to do, and we've gotta expand to have the ability to feed everyone's family!

For what it's worth, we stick to industrial warehouses.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Can your collective put together a good down payment, and just buy your own facility?

Minimum cost for a warehouse in our area is 2M, and you need a down payment of 600k minimum + 2 years of tax returns for financing.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ouch! That's too bad. I guess the real estate slump didn't hit commercial properties in your area.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I just saw one for 11K a month and another for $6k a month. Warehouse with all equipment and includes electricity

Are you in Socal or Norcal?
i think i saw the same one that was avertised. had everything ready to go 6k month. my question is, why would u rent it out and not blow it up urself, seems fishy. to good to be true. LEO must be sniffing around and that spot is hot is my guess, dude is on a lease and cant get out

confu

P

paulycali

i think i saw the same one that was avertised. had everything ready to go 6k month. my question is, why would u rent it out and not blow it up urself, seems fishy. to good to be true. LEO must be sniffing around and that spot is hot is my guess, dude is on a lease and cant get out

confu

Nah it's cool. If you owned the building and purchased all the equipment for lets say 15k and would pay $1000 month for electricity and charge 6k per month for rent then you would make roughly 50k a year for doing nothing. Sounds like a good investment to me. The following year you would pull in even more

If the room is not brand new then possibly LEO already knows about it but the one's i've seen are all brand spanking new

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Nah it's cool. If you owned the building and purchased all the equipment for lets say 15k and would pay $1000 month for electricity and charge 6k per month for rent then you would make roughly 50k a year for doing nothing. Sounds like a good investment to me. The following year you would pull in even more

If the room is not brand new then possibly LEO already knows about it but the one's i've seen are all brand spanking new

i dont know man, a person that can do the numbers that u stated would see that with a lil work (u said 15k equipment 1k month electricity not a big op) u could make 100-125k per year before costs. besides thatwhy would would u pay 6k month for only 15k worth of equipment, whats that a janky ass 4k flipflop no veg, no carbon/air and minium AC?
The one I saw struck me as pre existing.
confu

P

paulycali

i dont know man, a person that can do the numbers that u stated would see that with a lil work (u said 15k equipment 1k month electricity not a big op) u could make 100-125k per year before costs. besides thatwhy would would u pay 6k month for only 15k worth of equipment, whats that a janky ass 4k flipflop no veg, no carbon/air and minium AC?
The one I saw struck me as pre existing.
confu

Pre existing on the 6k a month grow yeah and i'd stay clear of that one for sure but the 11k grow was brand spanking new. 20-tons of AC and all equipment except pots or tables or your method for growing. Even if the owner spent 25k to set it up and 3k every month for electricity and water costs he still would make a killing. With a one time investment of 25k he would be raking in just about 100k each year for once again doing nothing. Sounds like a good investment to me if i was the owner. If i had properties i would be doing the same thing. Getting 3x the normal rent if not more. Lots of people doing this these days and you should be able to see why

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Pre existing on the 6k a month grow yeah and i'd stay clear of that one for sure but the 11k grow was brand spanking new. 20-tons of AC and all equipment except pots or tables or your method for growing. Even if the owner spent 25k to set it up and 3k every month for electricity and water costs he still would make a killing. With a one time investment of 25k he would be raking in just about 100k each year for once again doing nothing. Sounds like a good investment to me if i was the owner. If i had properties i would be doing the same thing. Getting 3x the normal rent if not more. Lots of people doing this these days and you should be able to see why

Do you have a link to the listing?

And do you guys rent from landlords who know what you do?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter

that sounds like a sweet deal. I can dig it.
u gotta link u can pm me?
confu

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

3X the normal rent and a great way to get your property seized by the federal govt if you are the owner,I have an acquaintance going through this now and he was not even privy to what was going on in his property,if they could prove that you actually knew and set it up and rented it for that purpose you would lose that property for sure to asset seizure,shit you could even be charged with manufacturing even if you did none of the growing.Shit what kind of property owner would set himself up for a hit like that?If you were gonna take all the risk might as well reap all the reward and do it yourself.

ttystikk

ttystikk

3X the normal rent and a great way to get your property seized by the federal govt if you are the owner,I have an acquaintance going through this now and he was not even privy to what was going on in his property,if they could prove that you actually knew and set it up and rented it for that purpose you would lose that property for sure to asset seizure,shit you could even be charged with manufacturing even if you did none of the growing.Shit what kind of property owner would set himself up for a hit like that?If you were gonna take all the risk might as well reap all the reward and do it yourself.

Good call, Fish- this sounds like a great idea until you consider the legal implications of the inevitable bust. Maybe someday this kind of indoor tenant farming model will work, but right now it's too easy for owners to get their property seized, and for shareholders to become their own landlords. Why wouldn't an owner willing to risk the property just blow it out themselves? One year at one gpw on a warehouse filling op and you can buy the property outright- or go retire on a beach somewhere.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I was at my buddies buildings yesterday,hes out of hot water now but it has cost him a ton to get there in lawyers fees and its not over yet.Basically he had to say they broke their lease by concealing (true) what they were doing from him and issue a 3 day or quit notice which the ganjapreneurs are suing him and the city over.Crazy thing is he cannot even enter his own building,the city/police changed the locks so no one can gain entry then posted the building with signs saying ''danger do not enter, this building is unsafe and or unfit for human occupancy'',My buddy told them it was bullshit he was the owner and needed access and both the city and police told him ''you just go ahead and sue us then and see where it gets you''
I have pics of the notices on my phone but they reveal a little more about location than im comfortable with for my friends sake.They did this all to a guy who had no idea what was going on in one of his rentals,if he had known he would have been an accessory and subject to loss of his 1.5 million dollar complex and maybe even more as he owns close to 20 small apartment complexes also.Hows 3x the normal rent look now?

Top Bottom