Reoccuring issues with Hermaphrodite plants mid flower

• Thread starter Jankyl29
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jankyl29

Jankyl29

Hello everyone, my apologies if this is not in the correct section. I typically don't come on forumns like this, but I have been experiencing some issues I am having a hard time correcting.

My setup is 4x4 gorilla tent, HLG600 (I set it up with 2 drivers, I can dim each side or run one side), 6" can fan and filter. I use straight coco in 1-5gal air pots depending on the plants. Current nutes are Vegbloom with stackswell in veg, adding Shine in bloom.
5.8ph in Veg, 6.0 in flower.
The tent is in a independent room with AC and dehumidifier, no windows in room.

I have quite a few grows over the year, and most all my knowledge is self taught from trial and error and research, and while my plants are no where near perfect, the ones that make it look pretty decent to me.

I typically do not do clone runs, I usually start 4-6 seeds and just train the plants to be even. I only ever top the plants one time usually and before this time I never defoliate or leaf strip before or during flower.

My issue now is, out of the last 3 grows one or 2 of my plants have been turning Hermaphrodite around week 3-5 of flower. Last grow I had 5 plants, and 2 grew bananas on opposite sides of the tent. 1 was a GelatOG Fem, the other was a Reg seed female of another breeder. So that wasn't even a feminized seed?

This grow I had 3 plants, all different strains, but also 1 Gelat-OG fem from seedsman, and this one looked beautiful at wk4 until you looked under the skirt and its littered with open pollen pods, and it pollinated the other 2 in the tent.

I know from last harvest that in fact only the plants I mention hermie, the others in the tent I found no bananas at all.

I used to use a Solis Tech 1000w HPS, and switched to this HLG600 (usually run 400w at peak flower) and run VegBloom, shine and stackswell.
Any ideas what is causing this? Is my feed possibly too high, maybe too much nitrogen into flower? The plants do look very green, and I usually do not see many or any deficiencies in flower. Is the LED too strong?
I have NO WINDOWS in the room, no open door, and nothing has a led light that isn't taped up in the room. I am positive there are no light leaks.

Here are some pics of the plants from the last 2 grows. The first pictures are the last Gelat-OG that I had to toss. This one the first time I made a attempt at lollipopping and light defoliation with a trellis.

The last 4 pictures are the grow before that where the Reg female plant on the left rear (more yellow green plant) also threw banners, but her sister on the other side didnt.

Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower
Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower 2
Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower 3
Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower 4
Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower 5
Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower 6
Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower 7
Reoccuring issues with hermaphrodite plants mid flower 8
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello everyone, my apologies if this is not in the correct section. I typically don't come on forumns like this, but I have been experiencing some issues I am having a hard time correcting.

My setup is 4x4 gorilla tent, HLG600 (I set it up with 2 drivers, I can dim each side or run one side), 6" can fan and filter. I use straight coco in 1-5gal air pots depending on the plants. Current nutes are Vegbloom with stackswell in veg, adding Shine in bloom.
5.8ph in Veg, 6.0 in flower.
The tent is in a independent room with AC and dehumidifier, no windows in room.

I have quite a few grows over the year, and most all my knowledge is self taught from trial and error and research, and while my plants are no where near perfect, the ones that make it look pretty decent to me.

I typically do not do clone runs, I usually start 4-6 seeds and just train the plants to be even. I only ever top the plants one time usually and before this time I never defoliate or leaf strip before or during flower.

My issue now is, out of the last 3 grows one or 2 of my plants have been turning Hermaphrodite around week 3-5 of flower. Last grow I had 5 plants, and 2 grew bananas on opposite sides of the tent. 1 was a GelatOG Fem, the other was a Reg seed female of another breeder. So that wasn't even a feminized seed?

This grow I had 3 plants, all different strains, but also 1 Gelat-OG fem from seedsman, and this one looked beautiful at wk4 until you looked under the skirt and its littered with open pollen pods, and it pollinated the other 2 in the tent.

I know from last harvest that in fact only the plants I mention hermie, the others in the tent I found no bananas at all.

I used to use a Solis Tech 1000w HPS, and switched to this HLG600 (usually run 400w at peak flower) and run VegBloom, shine and stackswell.
Any ideas what is causing this? Is my feed possibly too high, maybe too much nitrogen into flower? The plants do look very green, and I usually do not see many or any deficiencies in flower. Is the LED too strong?
I have NO WINDOWS in the room, no open door, and nothing has a led light that isn't taped up in the room. I am positive there are no light leaks.

Here are some pics of the plants from the last 2 grows. The first pictures are the last Gelat-OG that I had to toss. This one the first time I made a attempt at lollipopping and light defoliation with a trellis.

The last 4 pictures are the grow before that where the Reg female plant on the left rear (more yellow green plant) also threw banners, but her sister on the other side didnt.
Its either the seeds you started with or light leak. any equipment in the tent with a light on it? Humidifier - Dehumidifier - fans with on indicating lights. I have 2 now I know came from a hermied seed and I'm at week 2 flower with them. I'll expect to see the balls in another week or so if I'm unlucky. I've just taken a chance on these, I've had success before with hermied seeds but I've had disasters as well I'm not going to let them finish if I see balls.

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I'm leaning toward stress...seems a pattern if only the ones at the outer edges of the space are turning. Bad genetics would herm anywhere in the space. Could be a temperature issue..hard to say...

Top Bottom