Replacing nail for wax globe

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Anyone notice that their glass nail tends to get deeper/more-hollow with use? I'm thinking about replacing mine, would I be OK to just buy a 6" titanium spike from the hardware store?

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Never heard of either, please elaborate. Are you referring to a glass heat wand?

B

Buddy Flowers

alt has TI nail for about 75. it depends on the size of the nail holder. i'm in the same boat although i have not noticed the indent getting deeper

T

Trebla

my glass nail fractured from the heat...i need to get a ti one also!

B

Buddy Flowers

bloads, after abt 3 weeks with this nail, i can definitely see the indent getting deeper now.

M

MTgrower

Get the Ti nail from AquaLab. And the Ti dabber. The glass eventually break and the nail gives a better hit IMO.

B

Beasters X Haze

I got the hook up on the quartz nails. Won't change, crack or break from heat

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
My god I never thought there could be a pot smoking related thread title I had know idea what the fuck you were talking about. I just couldn't figure out what you possibly were talking about and had to finally click on it.

This old dog learned a new trick. LOL!!

Cool information guys.

M

MTgrower

I got the hook up on the quartz nails. Won't change, crack or break from heat

They can break from heat change too. Plus, you canalways drop it and bust it. I still say Ti has the edge, but enjoy your quartz if it fits your style.

B

Beasters X Haze

Not true. Im a glassblower and I've sold over 1000 quartz nails this past year and have yet to hear of one breaking. With the quartz you can get the nail red hot and dunk it in ice cold water and it will not crack or break.

And why you would want to be smoking off of any metal in this day and age is beyond me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom