Repotting in Coco

• Thread starter minster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

minster

Hi all,I will soon be moving my plants into larger containers - 6.5 ltr pots. I am having to use ro water and read elsewhere that I would need to recharge the new coco with a big hit of calmag.....

- is this correct?.
- do I need to pre charge the new pot or just move the plant and feed as usual?

Wondered what your more experienced coco peeps did....

Many thanks - Minster

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Hey minster what up. If your using canna coco u should trasnsplant then water in with whatever nute solution u would use normally. In other words if they are small plants then water in with whatever u have been giving previously then gradually go up from there.

M

minster

thanks v much Mittenmedgrow

Hey minster what up. If your using canna coco u should trasnsplant then water in with whatever nute solution u would use normally. In other words if they are small plants then water in with whatever u have been giving previously then gradually go up from there.

Hi mate, many thanks for the quick reply - will follow your advice. Is it true that if you flush canna coco with plain water then you are likely to wash out all the good bacteria.....

cheers, Minster

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
when you transplant, do yo break up the root ball?
For me that depends entirely on whether or not the plant is rootbound. If it is, I will take a knife and just cut off the bottom 1/3 of the root ball, then spread out the roots at the bottom a bit, and pull the roots circling open. I do this so they'll find their way into the new media more quickly. I do this with almost every plant, except for any species that comes with a special recommendation to not disturb the rootball.

S

strictlyOG

no need to pre charge medium.skip a feeding before transplanting it is alot easier to transplant if your medium is a little on the dryer side. if it wetter side this tends to get a bit time consuming. then after transplanting presume your regular feeding schedule. if you dont want to add stress you can easily mix some b-52 in the res and you should be more than fine. and if you really want to prevent all stress you can also add NO SHOCK to your plants both of these products are from Advanced Nutrients. good luck

Top Bottom