Repotting The Right Way?

• Thread starter Brad1365
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brad1365

Brad1365

I'm currently 3/4 weeks into a greenhouse grow. The plants are doing great and mother nature is doing all the hard work for me. So much so, I'm going to have to think about repotting soon. My plants started from seed in a very low nutrient compost which was supplemented with nutrients when needed and have thrived in it. Would I be best to repot them in the same stuff and build up the nutrients from scratch or would it be safe to use a different, more nute rich soil? Im just eager not to go change too much when the plants seem so happy. The soil was a John innes no1 seedling. There is a number 2 for veg I'm just wary of the nutrients values or any slow release feed etc Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
str8smokn

str8smokn

i would say that seed starter soil stays wet longer. You will need to amend some stuff to it if you continue to use it.
Like Perlite,vermiculite just give some oxygenation and not pack so tightly.
What kind of nutes? Organic or synthetic?
Can you get some Fox Farm ?Ocean ?Forest ,or roots 707 they have a good list of nutes and micro life in them ready to use.
STR8

Brad1365

Brad1365

Yeah it does tend to hold a good weight of water and to the eye looks like plain earth the way it holds together but they're happy in it so would like to keep them in it. I can grab some vermiculite or perlite no problem, have already scoped a couple of garden centres today to see what my options are haha. They have only just been introduced to feed in 2 of their last 3 watering. The stuff I got was admittedly not the priciest, but unusually from the hardware shop seemed to be made to suit. It's synthetic called hydrococo. There's a veg bottle npk 10-5-4 a flower 5-4-9 and a pk booster for later in flowering. Both have all the minor nutes advertised on the bottle as well. A couple of other forums had people using it so thought was safe to give a try and they've responded well. I'm in the UK so some brands aren't as widely available but it does look like I can order fox farms feeds but seems people are having more problems with the soil. Thanks for the reply btw

Top Bottom