Res smells like pond

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Im not sure what the deal is but between runs something happened where my res started smelling like a pond or aquarium after 2 days or so. I cleaned the barrel with Ona bleech and had the air stones running in the solution for 10 hours. I wiped the barrel clean and filled it with fresh water and a bit of nutes and fed and two days later what is left is smelly again. It almost seems like it is the new bottle of roots excel. I got but im not sure. This is the first time I have used the gold bottle but I dunno. Anyone have any experience with this? I am running DTW so there are not many variables at this point because I haven't even hooked up the drip system yet.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Funky. My best suggestion would be to empty the reservoir and let it dry completely, then see if it happens again. Also, I'm not certain this constitutes a problem until it negatively impact your plants. FWIW, I try not to make my res too friendly to living things; no aeration and keep it dark.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Its prob heat.
Rez a lil warmer than normal?
Its summer so if your rez is sitting on the ground...

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

that happens to my res's when the airstone turns off or i just generally need to clean it. the water pump will get all mucky quick.

i empty and wash mine fully (including pumps and stones) every 3 fill.

Top Bottom