Reserva Pravada OG Kush #18 800w Tent Pheno Hunt

• Thread starter montanamike1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
montanamike1

montanamike1

These are 6 different OG Kush #18 feminized, grown from seed in pro-mix beds with Soul Synthetic nutrients at 5 ml/gal and soil amendments under 2 400w lights in a 4x8 tent. Just a pheno hunt, not a main room, so the screen is more to keep things from getting out of control then any attempt at increasing yield.

I'm about 4 weeks away from harvest, and it's already quite obvious that there are *at least* two phenos coming out;

Pheno 1: Short, stocky Indica pheno, no need to top, very small, dense buds.
Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt

Pheno 2: Lanky, large fluffy buds, Sativa structure, needs topping and training.
Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 2

Potential 3rd Pheno: Somewhat of a hybrid between the first two Pheno's, very leafy bud structure.
Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 3

I'll try to post back in a few weeks with a harvest and smoke report to see who is the keeper; so far, I'm not extremely impressed. These plants are finicky, either very stretchy or very stocky, with quite a bit of variation for a strain that is supposedly so heavily inbred......

Originally, I germinated 6 feminized seeds to find these phenos; some assorted veg and flower pics to follow-

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 6

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 7

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 8

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 10

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 9

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 5

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 4

Reserva pravada og kush 18 800w tent pheno hunt 11
montanamike1

montanamike1

Yup, one of the ladies has started throwing out staminate flowers, but in my experience the gene which causes some females to throw out male flowers midway through flowering is extremely pervasive, so I can't say I'm surprised to get at least 1 out of the 6 with some male flowers. The yields are looking rather small, some fiery smells, I really hope I get a keeper or I may say fuck it to Reserva Pravada. Overall, not impressed by the strain so far, hopefully the buds are some fire.

montanamike1

montanamike1

Nope, it's one of the Sativa pheno's that's doing it. I don't know what is up with #3, hopefully it will figure itself out soon- 4 weeks to go!

soserthc1

soserthc1

there fem seeds so to pheno hunt would be a futile effort unless you wanna just keep growing the same plant but really shouldn't cross with fem beans ..... good luck thou ....bro

619ster

619ster

there fem seeds so to pheno hunt would be a futile effort unless you wanna just keep growing the same plant but really shouldn't cross with fem beans ..... good luck thou ....bro
I'd have to disagree. Many peeps breed with Wifi (Aligee being one here on the Farm). I even have a couple crosses with the mother being from fem seed, and the progeny does just fine. Although I agree it's not the best way to go, but if you have something special from fem seed you may as well give it a try if you intend to make beans.

Oh and Montanamike- why not purchase a more reputable form of OG from a more reputable breeder? Plenty here on the Farm to choose from. Just sayin'.

L

Little Ted

Forgot to mention. I found OG in S2 form and outcrossed to Herijuana on the net. Have them in a tent right now.
Hoping to find the OG taste with the Heri power. Sorry to interupt the thread.

montanamike1

montanamike1

I'd have to disagree. Many peeps breed with Wifi (Aligee being one here on the Farm). I even have a couple crosses with the mother being from fem seed, and the progeny does just fine. Although I agree it's not the best way to go, but if you have something special from fem seed you may as well give it a try if you intend to make beans.

Oh and Montanamike- why not purchase a more reputable form of OG from a more reputable breeder? Plenty here on the Farm to choose from. Just sayin'.

Yeah, these are some old beans, I just wanted to see if I could replace my personal OG, which is amazing smoke but a serious bitch to grow. I wasn't thinking of breeding her, but that's a very interesting discussion re: breeding with femizined seeds.

Forgot to mention. I found OG in S2 form and outcrossed to Herijuana on the net. Have them in a tent right now.
Thanks for dropping by dude, I've heard great things about the Heri, good luck!

Subbed...I'm very interested in a definitive judgment on this strain..
My first impressions: not impressed. The only saving grace may be in the flavor, but that's still weeks away, and to make things even more complicated, I've put them in beds, so it's impossible to customize the nutrient load for each. Way too much variation, I will be sticking with my own cuts from now on!

soserthc1

soserthc1

huh , i actually made my only cross with a fem tang dream but have always read it not good to breed with fem beans but aligee and ogr would know more than i , so yes i would agree if you find something special yes keep and possible breed with it but i wouldn't buy fem seeds to pheno hunt , i would buy reg 's but my og kush is from dinafem and its looking really nice. so i see your point. ......peace soser

soserthc1

soserthc1

confused as i have never heard of s2 beans was not gonna ask but no such thing as a stupid question so i'll ask , my guess would be a s1 grown out that produced another bean ??? seems to make sense ???? .....peace soser

L

Little Ted

confused as i have never heard of s2 beans was not gonna ask but no such thing as a stupid question so i'll ask , my guess would be a s1 grown out that produced another bean ??? seems to make sense ???? .....peace soser

S2 is a batch of S1s grown, tested (by stressing) for hermie trait and the strongest best survivor with no sign of hermie then selfed again.
As I understand it, it's a method of honing pheno selection whilst weeding out any Hermie tendancy.
The lost vitality from the process is then brought back by outcross to a well bred male line. Like Heri in the beans I bought.
You wont see it much because of the work involved and most new Breeders are enjoying cutting corners in order to bring new stuff to market - in my humble opinion.
Dont want to sound nerdy but I like to know what I'm growing.
Help at all?

montanamike1

montanamike1

Overall, extremely unimpressive. A lot of variety, none of it particularly tasty, decent yields. Hard to motivate myself to trim it for any reason other than BHO!

PC260041PC260042PC260044PC260045PC260046PC260047PC260048PC260049PC260050PC260051PC260052

M

mrueeda

Wow...what the hell is happened to this strain..looks nothing like the old og18 beans from a couple years ago...i see your disappoint...however do not despair...it might smoke good..

619ster

619ster

Looks like ya got a little dialing in to do, but I see your point. Not one pheno that looks very impressive at all! On the other hand, I recently harvested an OG13 from G13 Labs and surprisingly, it is that DANKITY DANK!!! Better than Dinafem OG which I rather enjoyed. Here's OG13 in case ya ever wanna give it a shot. Was a small tester plant just to fill in space. But now I know I'd consider it if I get more beans:
CIMG4202
CIMG4249
CIMG4199

N

NewBudz

Damn, sounds shitty. My OG #18 herm'd on me. It's funny, Reserva Privada advertises as a breeder that carries like all DNA's elite strains that they want to keep around or whatever... But from everything I've seen, Reserva Privada gear is shit compared to DNA. My Og#18 herm'd, my RP OGK died unexpectadly from seed even though all my other seedlings were fine. Your OG#18 looks scraggly (no offense)... I don't know what the deal is with Reserva Privada. But My DNA Chocolopes are DANK. I have to say, there is a good bit of variation, every plant is fairly different in at least one way. But 2 major smell phenos, a sweet/fruity and a skunky/coffee. No hermies, I'm really pleased with them. You just gotta pop more than 1 or 2 beans if you wanna make sure you get structure/smell/flavor you want. Potency is top notch on all of them though.

Top Bottom