reservoir change

• Thread starter bfox19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bfox19

ok guys, I am doing a small dwc grow 400w mh should i change water once a week and just top it off and do i add nutes when topping water off, or change reservoir 2 times a week?

1st.artuning

What type of nutes are you using? What is the temp variation in the water?

jammie

jammie

i do 5 gallon individual buckets and change the solution with fresh nutes every 10 days and add back only ph'd water during the time between changes

S

smokestack23

Well...if you don't know things like ideal water temps..you need to do quite a bit of reading. Not to sound rude or anything.

There is a wealth of info here at the farm. Read read and read some more. Not only is there a ton of info at this site but there are also a ton of experts who are happy to help beginners with answers to all questions...but..they'll be a lot more receptive and helpful if they know that you've done your homework..and they WILL know.

OK so..you'll notice that you were asked for more info. That's because your question has a million different and correct answers..depending on a whole pile of parameters.

Assuming that your temps are good and everything is healthy, you can "guess" and top up with plain water when needed and then do a change once a week or ten days or two weeks...but (again) while a some people are lucky and have success with DWC, it is a VERY tricky method and not forgiving at all. You really have to stay on top of things and it isn't a good method to "guess" with.

You should have an EC/PPM meter and a pH meter so that you have a proper idea of what's going on in your res. Without the PPM meter you can do the top-up with plain water and when you've added like 200% back you should be somewhere around 1/4 of the strength you started at so it'll probably be past due for a change...but..again...you're guessing. Are the plants using nutes and water equally? More water than nutes?...
read read read

Good luck and have fun and welcome to a great new hobby.

1st.artuning

Water temp should be 68-72 max, you should invest in a water chiller. As far as res change do it every 7 to 10 days max. As far as what to do during that time just top off with RO water and take PPM everyday to see what is going on...

B

bfox19

ok thanks, i do have all meters i need was just unaware i needed to check water temp i will get what i need to do that. Ive been doing as u said i change once a week top off with ph balanced water in between change, for some reason it won't let me load pic.

P

pikes peak 69

This is how I would do it.
Fill res with water and nutes, phed of course.
Then keep track of how much you addback into res. You want to change res when you have added back the same amount that you started with. ie: in a 50 gal res, when you have added 50 more gals, then it's time to chage res.
Another note: mix nutes to about 1/3-12 strength in the addback water. phed of course.

HTH
pp69

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

A super DO rig will go a long way to keeping your rez fresh, but if you have a lot of roots in there, it might be a losing battle.

Although roots soaking in nutrients grow like crazy, they look like wet spaghetti: they will never develop root hairs, which are essential for proper plant/bud development. To see what root hairs look like search here or elsewhere, for HPA (hgh Pressure Aero) journals.

hth

Assuming your rez is in your root chamber, make sure you have a killer air pump and stones. Sunleaves makes various size pumps, and their Oxystones are a big improvement over their standard stones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom