Reservoir Plumbing

• Thread starter Mike Hawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

What's up guys, long time since I've started a thread but I'm planning out my first decent room and could use some help with the res portion. I plan on having two sizeable reservoirs (250g or so), one to have ro water readily available, plumbed to the water source with a float valve to stay topped off with fresh water at all times.

The other res will be my feed, and will supply 4 beds with nutrients. Rookie question but I can't seem to figure how to plumb everything together in order to pump clean ro water to my nutrient reservoir on demand, mix nutrients then supply the beds. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Another float switch and pump. Float switch in you nutrient rez, pump in clean water. Maybe I misunderstood

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

I want to manually pump clean water in every time I mix nutrients. Just not sure what pumps would be best and how to plumb everything together. I can't find any good reference pics

N

noone88

4 beds of 8x4 or 4x4?

A Danner 1200 or 1600 gpm should suffice. You need 2 pumps. One to pump RO water to your nutrient res and another pump to feed your beds.

Dbear180

Dbear180

A pump in (A) & an eight foot hose into the top of (B).
20180105 054939

This is the pump I use to get runoff 12 ft up & out of the basement.

Top Bottom