Resetting room after grow with aphids?

• Thread starter Sledsons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sledsons

Sledsons

I reset my entire room.. gutted everything. Soil & all plant matter were removed immediately after cleaning the room for drying. I wiped everything down with ISO and completely steamed cleaned twice (once before dry & after I moved the tent to my new location in the basement). Is that enough to reset the tent from aphids? I had ladybugs in there and my numbers were lower towards drying but I want to be sure to avoid any issues moving forward. I am confident the issue originated from using soil from my compost file as I am using bag soil and noticed them after adding that compost. The last living vegetation in the room was a week ago and then harvested the dried nugs this past Thursday 03/04/21. The room has been empty since then, with no soil or other plants nearby at all (I am in the basement).

I am setting up a two-room grow to develop a mother plant and I want to be sure this is enough to get rid of any potential extra aphids. I was considering rubbing down the tents with bleach and doing the third round of steam cleaning. What does a proper bug bomb consist of? I am pretty against using any foggers.. can aphids live on dust haha I could go another week without any plants or something. Any thoughts? haha

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

You wanna use a neem oil for your soil to kill eggs or living bugs. and you need to use a sort of pest management spray you can spray from veg to early flower.

Sledsons

Sledsons

You wanna use a neem oil for your soil to kill eggs or living bugs. and you need to use a sort of pest management spray you can spray from veg to early flower.
Cool, yeah I was using both neem / Pest Management Integration when I had plants growing. I am starting over and just trying to figure out how to properly clean everything up. Neem / PCIs def work though for sure!

Homesteader

Homesteader

Regular aphids? I assume not root. They are easy to kill though. Don't douse the soil with anything, just learn to make some insecticidal soap and treat the plants a few times (once a week) and then once again before flower.
(1 tablespoon unless it is an infestation)
1-3 tablespoons soap
1-3 tablespoons vege oil
1 gallon of water.

Just make sure you spray the plant down with warm water after about ten minutes to rinse the oil and soap off the leaves. The soap will suffocate the aphids and dry out any eggs within a few minutes.

Sledsons

Sledsons

Regular aphids? I assume not root. They are easy to kill though. Don't douse the soil with anything, just learn to make some insecticidal soap and treat the plants a few times (once a week) and then once again before flower.
(1 tablespoon unless it is an infestation)
1-3 tablespoons soap
1-3 tablespoons vege oil
1 gallon of water.

Just make sure you spray the plant down with warm water after about ten minutes to rinse the oil and soap off the leaves. The soap will suffocate the aphids and dry out any eggs within a few minutes.
I don't have any plants right now. My last grow had root aphids and they were a pain to deal with. I am trying to figure out how to reset everything to make my environment aphid-free and clean! I dig into it more in my description - I do not have a single living plant right now

Homesteader

Homesteader

I got ya. Yeah root aphids suck, thought you were talking about green aphids. Best of luck on the next grow

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Nooooooo! So sorry bud. I ordered that slf 100 stuff. Gonna give it a try. Sovlves multiple problems with one product and it’s Canadian 👍

HerbCyclone

HerbCyclone

Aphids are really slow and I always find them to be the easiest pest to deal with. You can just spray them off with high pressure H20. Neem and insecticidal soap (1 oz per gallon) also knocks them down quickly

Top Bottom