resin production increase?

• Thread starter Ya...The Pizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Ya...The Pizza

Can anyone tell me whether this is a myth or not? A few of my fellow farmers have told me that subjecting an herb plant to 24-48 hrs of darkness right before harvest can increase the size of trichomes. Anyone know if that's legit? thanks, W.

20north

not very legit sounding to me man, resin gets bigger from the different energy frequeneces of the light

the resin gets bigger from certain uv waves so darkness for 2 days would most likely make you a little forgetful about how big the resin looked 2 days before?

i just dont see this being factual because the resin gets bigger from the plant reacting to the specific UV waves its trying to reflect thats what the resin is produced for in the first place is bugs and a sunscreen for the plant

G

greenthumb

It doesnt make the tricomes bigger it just shocks the plant and it produces more trics.
Well thats what it does according to most people ive heard!
I did try it on my last harvest but didnt make any difference that i could tell anyway!.

K

kindindy123

thats pretty much all ive seen,extra trics,i always take them out when i feel there done,i like clear and cloudy,my situation does not allow me to chop the same day i pull them out, usualy possib l2-3 days in the dark,ends up happening,they def put out more trics, and alot of trics go amber,good or bad only way for myself!!! good luck guys

20north

i really doubt no light makes more trichcombs it would just degrade the thc

i have heard you can make the plant freak out and not get more resin or anything much if you put the roots in everclear or vodka but this is in aeroponics with the vodka idea it just like shocks the pistils lol its a joke

the only way ive made more resin produced on plants was using uvb lamps from pet stores and of course crossing resin loaded strains with other strains that needed more resin

there is also something to do with strains what spent time growing on the equator the strains that have been grown on the equator react to the UVB lamps more than strains that have not been grown near the equator or strains that have lienige of being grown on the equator

getting genetics from places that have holes in the ozone layer would have a higher chance on getting huge resin if the theory is legit about certain kinds of UV signals increasing resin production

if cannabis is to evolve in doors it needs uvb lamps because with out them they are getting their BASIC LEVEL OF THC and the plant is basicly never going to evolve very much if we keep feeding it only hps and MH lamps with GLASS ON THEM THIS CUTS OUT THE UV LIGHT :/

keep the uvb lamps about 16 inches away and you should get lots of resin if your strains are affected by the uvb some are not.. i can tell you casey jones is one of those strains that will react to the uvb lamps... ive done side by side comparisons

hope this helps someone
post stuff with effort guys cmon yo! wheres the love

c ya

peace

R

r2thizzl3

the only way to get a lot of trichromes is you treat, feed, and water your baby right. no other way.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

there is also something to do with strains what spent time growing on the equator the strains that have been grown on the equator react to the UVB lamps more than strains that have not been grown near the equator or strains that have lienige of being grown on the equator

if cannabis is to evolve in doors it needs uvb lamps because with out them they are getting their BASIC LEVEL OF THC and the plant is basicly never going to evolve very much if we keep feeding it only hps and MH lamps with GLASS ON THEM THIS CUTS OUT THE UV LIGHT :/

I was wondering what was necessary to activate the thc-v cannabinoid while growing indoor... And it looks like i have the solution now. thanks 20north
:lock:

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

The trichomes have a couple functions.
1 of witch is to act as a sunblock. So in extreme hot days it will produce more trichomes to protet itself. Now we dont want to heat stress our girls right.
We can trick them into thinking they are hot with out stressing them.
The last 2 weaks of flower lowering the humidty makes them think it is hot and will increase trichomes. I lower it to 45% second to last weak. Then 30% to 35% for the last weak. At the same time lowering the PPM's of C02.
There is a point where you reach the plant's potential for trichome production. And some strains just dont produce many trichomes.
My .02

T

Trim Reaper

Many seed companies recomend 24-36 hrs of darkness prior to harvest, the theory being the extended darkness signals to your plant that the end is near and cloud out the clear trich's. I do 24 hrs+ and you can see more "finished" trich's. It is impossible to add "more" trich's at that point in the game.
Next time you harvest grab a 60x and see for yourself.
:bong2:

J

johard59

darkness

yes its true, i know that 72 hours of darkness, and you have to do flushing in that period, so it will increase the sugar and your yield.

O

Oregonic

i really doubt no light makes more trichcombs it would just degrade the thc

i have heard you can make the plant freak out and not get more resin or anything much if you put the roots in everclear or vodka but this is in aeroponics with the vodka idea it just like shocks the pistils lol its a joke

the only way ive made more resin produced on plants was using uvb lamps from pet stores and of course crossing resin loaded strains with other strains that needed more resin

getting genetics from places that have holes in the ozone layer would have a higher chance on getting huge resin if the theory is legit about certain kinds of UV signals increasing resin production

keep the uvb lamps about 16 inches away and you should get lots of resin if your strains are affected by the uvb some are not.. i can tell you casey jones is one of those strains that will react to the uvb lamps... ive done side by side comparisons

hope this helps someone
post stuff with effort guys cmon yo! wheres the love

c ya

peace

Having a hard time thinking about anything other then UV?

All UV aside, it makes sense that if the plant is forced into 72 hours of darkness that it would kick into survival mode and produce as many trichs as possible to make a last attempt to seed before it dies.

Not sure why that is so far fetched to some people.....Uv is helpful and all but saying its the only way to produce more resin seems very narrow minded.

I stand by 72 hours of dark based off my last 2 runs with the same strain, first time didn't do the dark second time I did and can smell/see/taste a difference, just my .02:talking

S

SweetIslandFunk

this is true, and the longer the period the better, ive done this myself and seen the difference.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

So if this method is attempted it has to be a full 72 hours of darkness for it to really have a noticeable impact, right?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
cracks me up that people think extended darkness right before harvest will increase your yield

O

Oregonic

cracks me up that people think extended darkness right before harvest will increase your yield
No one said it would increase your yield, but it does effect the smoke and smell of the bud. Cracks me up when people don't actaully add to the conversation....

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
somebody said it

yes its true, i know that 72 hours of darkness, and you have to do flushing in that period, so it will increase the sugar and your yield.

this topic is an old one

myth

X

XmanN

Hmmm seems to be alot of mixed emotions about this subject. I think I'll try it thou... whats 3 days going to hurt after 2-3 months of growing it out. Plus if it make the meds better why not?

Hey 20north you heard of these guys? reptileuv.com
Been waiting a min for my 160w SB. I guess there still blowing the glass :dull

O

Oregonic

somebody said it

this topic is an old one

myth
Thank you for your amazing insight, once again adding so much to the debate its hard to take it all in...... good info!

Off topic... kinda... what with the flood of people joining and thinking this is RIU or ICMAG? Been noticing a lot of people joining these past couple of months that just leave little negative, whining comments with no fucking substance or anything constructive to add, am I the only noticing this more often all of a sudden?

:bong-hits: for you all, happy growing!

J

jakew215

Thank you for your amazing insight, once again adding so much to the debate its hard to take it all in...... good info!

Off topic... kinda... what with the flood of people joining and thinking this is RIU or ICMAG? Been noticing a lot of people joining these past couple of months that just leave little negative, whining comments with no fucking substance or anything constructive to add, am I the only noticing this more often all of a sudden?

:bong-hits: for you all, happy growing!

way to add to the cesspool buddy. people bitch about other people. pretty much all i see on these threads.

quit your bitching. he gave an opinion, he said he doesnt think 72 hours of dark will help.

i give my plants 24 hours of dark. does it make a difference? i have no idea, never gone without.

O

Oregonic

way to add to the cesspool buddy. people bitch about other people. pretty much all i see on these threads.

quit your bitching. he gave an opinion, he said he doesnt think 72 hours of dark will help.

i give my plants 24 hours of dark. does it make a difference? i have no idea, never gone without.
Always glad to do my part.... did my comment hit home or something? Dude been on here for a little while now and this "people bitching about people" you are talking about is far more rare on here then most of the other sites around, thats why I have stayed on the farm because when someone poses a question people respond with experience and intelligence, not one line opinions that they fail to back up with anything real, oh except tried it once didn't work so that means it will never work, blah blah blah.... most people are here to help others.

I guess I hold this place to a higher standard then the rest, the people here are top notch and pretty fucking chill.... so when people shoot off discouraging comments with nothing backing up said opinion it irks me a bit.

So you motherlodes watch dog, wtf?? Thanks for chiming in anyways, best wishes bro. My last comment on this thread, mods feel free to delete this muckyness from the pages of the farm.... there is no room for it and i am sorry for adding too it.:sign0006::bong-hits::fighting0040::giggle:sun

Latest posts

Top Bottom