Resolution to tent being sucked in by fan ideas?

• Thread starter dbButlerdb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dbButlerdb

dbButlerdb

I have a tent setup with a 4 in fan and it sucks the walls in Hella.
I have the walls reinforced with bamboo on the outside of the poles and used tuct tape.
The filter is in tent and fan outside.
Also I'll provide pictures of my filter cradle and pictures of my first setup with this style.
Thanks for the help

Resolution to tent being sucked in by fan ideas
Resolution to tent being sucked in by fan ideas 2
Resolution to tent being sucked in by fan ideas 3
Resolution to tent being sucked in by fan ideas 4
420Andrew

420Andrew

Add a smaller intake fan to keep your room well ventilated and to reduce the effect of negative air pressure (sucked in tent) , it's CFM rating should be smaller than the outtake fan's or you'll be getting positive pressure in your growroom instead which will mess with your carbon filter's ability to clean the odor. Looking great though, nice job!

dbButlerdb

dbButlerdb

Add a smaller intake fan to keep your room well ventilated and to reduce the effect of negative air pressure (sucked in tent) , it's CFM rating should be smaller than the outtake fan's or you'll be getting positive pressure in your growroom instead which will mess with your carbon filter's ability to clean the odor. Looking great though, nice job!
I'm worried of bacteria? Or dust? Or am I being annal

dbButlerdb

dbButlerdb

IMG 20191219 231501
IMG 20191219 231450
dbButlerdb

dbButlerdb

Add a speed controller to slow the fan down

They sell filters for your intake, or use nylon stocking
I heard fan being turned too low isn't good for it. Power thing I heard. But regardless, it still sucks in the walls at low levels. But that nylon sock is a great tip. Thank you.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I heard fan being turned too low isn't good for it. Power thing I heard. But regardless, it still sucks in the walls at low levels. But that nylon sock is a great tip. Thank you.
We all have fans; we all run them at various speeds; relax, it's okay if it sucks the sides in a little, you need negative pressure. I ran thin wire around 3 of the 4 sides in my tent about halfway up to help hold the sides out a bit

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Hey had you thought about the filter, maybe your charcoal crystals are worn and is not filtering properly anymore, and imo the covering looks like it could do with replacing.

4plant

4plant

You need an adjustable passive intake. I use spray booth prefilters and adjust the size of the opening depending on how high my exhaust fan is set. Try to keep a small amount of neg pressure inside the tent

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i'm going with a curved shower bar. i'll report back after i finish up

OG

My newest secret jarden tent has bars half way up all round. The old ones did not.

I have seen growers wedge all kinds of stuff to do the job like you are. Works fine.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

secert jarden may be my tent purchase than, ty for heads up !

OG

Bet you could find rods that work at a home improvement store. Maybe even get them cut to fit there. And some connector clamps or something. Get creative.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
sold out in the 2.5 i assume you connect two 2.5's to make a 5' rod ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i seem to ave lost a couple of my support poles the last time i put my tent away,so i built the inside frame of tent with 3/4 pvc ,sturdy and strong added in 2ft off bottom a support going all around the sides like i said 2ft off floor,works great and even better than original poles especailly the roof handles a lot more weight ,guess what about a month after i did this looking for some lights ,found the support post for the original tent hahahah,so now all i need is a new tent shirt to go around the old set of poles and have 2 sorry ass tents hahahah

GREEN GURNER

GREEN GURNER

A friend used plastic strips glued them on to the tent and it work well lol ended up with an oval shape kinda

Latest posts

Top Bottom