Retail date in Washington

• Thread starter pimpmasterdlx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tank333

Tank333

I'm hearing it will be sometime in May or June... I'll ask around. I know a few different people setting up for retail and wholesale...

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

A lot of hear say and speculation buzzing around but the definitive answer is, NOBODY knows.
I personally think the powers that be are intentionally stalling in hopes that cannabis will be rescheduled and banks will be legally authorized to accept cannabis funds via an act of congress.

Shit is about to get real. Exciting and scary time to bare witness to all the changes going on around us.

Tank333

Tank333

A friend of mine who's setting up for retail said the LCB is "shooting for June". Whatever THAT means... lol

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

June is when the folks applying have been told to expect retail shops being licensed and that is according to our Liquor Control Investigator for what it is worth.
lol "fwiw" being the important take away. Has anything else the LCB said regarding 502 timeline/implementation been true or accurate? How many people do you know that applied who are even growing yet? Exactly...

inthegorge

inthegorge

No one who applied is growing yet to my knowledge Bill, including myself. I simply reported what I was told by the LCB....period. Take it or leave it or stuff it up your "leave it to your imagination" but since I have been in contact with the LCB personally I thought it worth reporting. Do I really need to qualify every post I make? I am not defending the LCB by my above statement. I am simply repeating what I was told, instead of conjecture, instead of gossip, instead of my opinion. I personally have no freaking idea when retail shops will open and neither do you for that matter. Reporting what was actually communicated with me seems a bit more to the point than your snarky reply however.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

#fuck502 The lying politicians said it wouldn't change medical cannabis, lol fucking liars. The whole system is a Shame from the beginning. I hope the cac succeeds in getting the thing thrown out. I502 is not I the spirit of cannabis at all. 502 is going to cost people jobs and cogs people their lives. Anytime you let the monkeys in the house they're going to fucking destroy it. The monkeys being the politicians and the house being cannabis.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

No one who applied is growing yet to my knowledge Bill, including myself. I simply reported what I was told by the LCB....period. Take it or leave it or stuff it up your "leave it to your imagination" but since I have been in contact with the LCB personally I thought it worth reporting. Do I really need to qualify every post I make? I am not defending the LCB by my above statement. I am simply repeating what I was told, instead of conjecture, instead of gossip, instead of my opinion. I personally have no freaking idea when retail shops will open and neither do you for that matter. Reporting what was actually communicated with me seems a bit more to the point than your snarky reply however.
snarky? lol, you're getting your panties in a bunch and getting defensive for no reason. I was simply making small talk and venting the frustration of hurry up and wait. my frustration was directed toward the incompetency of the lcb and legislature, not you.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

#fuck502 The lying politicians said it wouldn't change medical cannabis, lol fucking liars. The whole system is a Shame from the beginning. I hope the cac succeeds in getting the thing thrown out. I502 is not I the spirit of cannabis at all. 502 is going to cost people jobs and cogs people their lives. Anytime you let the monkeys in the house they're going to fucking destroy it. The monkeys being the politicians and the house being cannabis.
In today's world, big money always wins. Our choices are to stay and play, go back to the black market or move to another state on the mmj train. At this point I think that making changes to the legal market from the inside is the best move.

I speculate that the legal market will eventually create way more jobs than the mmj industry ever did.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

If they started issuing grow license in June we wouldn't see rec weed till Tl
In today's world, big money always wins. Our choices are to stay and play, go back to the black market or move to another state on the mmj train. At this point I think that making changes to the legal market from the inside is the best move.

I speculate that the legal market will eventually create way more jobs than the mmj industry ever did.
the best move is never to concede and play their game. The system will never be changed from the inside. You won't change a system that had big business making the money. Sure legal weed might create more jobs but they'll be shitty dead end jobs, kill the small collective owners, kill the hudro shop owners, kill the people who are to old, sick or disabled to get slave jobs. I had a 502 grower who has no idea how to grow pot offer me a job, why would I work for someone else making less then I can working for myself? Cause the state wants to shut me down? Fuck the state. Fuck their rules. Freedom isn't free we have to fight for it. Playing their game is going to get some of the players wealthy while the rest of us stay in our place as slaves.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I had a 502 grower who has no idea how to grow pot offer me a job, why would I work for someone else making less then I can working for myself? .
Perhaps because you don't want to move to a different state or risk a raid/trial/incarceration if you keep grinding in WA?

One day very soon collective gardens will no longer be legal and you will be limited to 12 plants/6oz per grow site. Your options then will be to participate in the black market, work a legal grow, buy a legal grow, do something else or move.

Tough decisions, yes, but this is our current reality. No amount of angry protesting will change the situation. We can choose to spin our wheels protesting, or we can plan and prepare for reality.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Perhaps because you don't want to move to a different state or risk a raid/trial/incarceration if you keep grinding in WA?

One day very soon collective gardens will no longer be legal and you will be limited to 12 plants/6oz per grow site. Your options then will be to participate in the black market, work a legal grow, buy a legal grow, do something else or move.

Tough decisions, yes, but this is our current reality. No amount of angry protesting will change the situation. We can choose to spin our wheels protesting, or we can plan and prepare for reality.
That's such a sad view for any human to have. If you can beat em join em. The apathy in this country is at an all time high, it scares me to think about how the world my children's children will grow up in. The government has succeeded in dumbing down this country to the point where people won't stand up for what's right. I would never give in to unjust laws and corrupt systems and is never teach those values to my children.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

That's such a sad view for any human to have. If you can beat em join em. The apathy in this country is at an all time high, it scares me to think about how the world my children's children will grow up in. The government has succeeded in dumbing down this country to the point where people won't stand up for what's right. I would never give in to unjust laws and corrupt systems and is never teach those values to my children.
It's not apathy bro, it's adapting to my environment as it changes rather than expecting my environment to remain constant. Idealism doesn't pay the bills or keep anybody out of jail.

zeke

zeke

My problem with the whole deal is the excessive fees and requirements that limit the whole business to a few well-heeled individuals. Where is the Washington state agricultural department in all of this? Wholesale and retail agricultural products are already taxed at set rates and safety guideline are in place. Sure the law doesn't say anything about cannabis but it fits easily. We have hops growers and vineyards already. Do they need to pay more taxes and have surveillance to detour roving gangs of drug seeking youth? No! Either does my secluded pot patch.
My other beef is the when factor? When will legal sales happen? Who knows. When can I and everyone else that missed the "deadline" apply? Who knows? Maybe never. WLCB is in charge now, fuck off.

And what about the limited number of shops allowed. Who thought that was a good idea? Someone that doesn't make good decisions, that's for sure. I mean wtf? The stores that are already open for patients pay rent, buy product, have employees and faithful customers. Fuck them and all the dollars they contribute to our economy. Well just close down 90% of those to meet some guideline that some retard pulled directly out of their ass. How about limiting the number of McDonalds and number of TVs per community instead. That would save the youth. Have you seen these fat lazy fuckers? Damn.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

July 1 for the little city on the east side... But the few shops ready with little or no product mean they will be out on no time.
Getting close tho.

inthegorge

inthegorge

You could not be more right BeenBurned.....the WA Liquor Control Board is pushing around 20-30 retail outlets to be open by July 1st. There is not adequate supply at all and I really do not know what on earth they are thinking:-/ One company, Kouchlock, has offered to purchase any growers total inventory for 10% more than market price and wants to secure year long contracts with every producer/processor that will sign up with them in an effort to corner the whole market and set their own price. Another producer that does have product is offering to sell to retailers for $15 per gram and then the retailer has to mark that up at least %100 to break even or just a little above even. We have been contacted by every retailer asked to open on July 1st for product but will only have a small amount available and not enough to supply one store for more than a day or two with the expected rush of customers. This is going to be plain ugly and I think we may just hold back and not be a part of it for a week or so because I don't want to be associated with such a horrible start to this. We also want our product to be as good of quality as possible and not gouge the consumer or the retailers and if we offer our products at a reasonable rate they may be perceived as inferior just because of the price difference between ours and those that are trying to rape the consumer. It does not bring me the happiness that being in this position, with a product that everyone is screaming for and willing to pay exorbitant prices for, but I really do not want to be a part of:-((((

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
30 bucks a gram for flowers??:eek:

what? 800 for a zip?:confused:

jlr42024

jlr42024

listen to your plants the tell you its our many crops that have ruled man for eternity not any politician or governments! our plants are alive and they probably have more sense then most you out there especially those who think theyre going to retire of this shit! i cant know for sure but nature tells me once the harmony between man and nature is so out of whack nature will correct itself. does this mean that somehow cannabis becomes unviable, sterile or just simply no longer thrives sensing mans purpose with its medicine has become currency for the greedy? who knows but its no accident man has been building and using tools to keep this balance of harmony in tune while living at the mercy of the yrs harvests and worshiping agricultural gods longer then we'll ever realize! whats happening today is so far removed from natural intention it simply cannot survive long term

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

You could not be more right BeenBurned.....the WA Liquor Control Board is pushing around 20-30 retail outlets to be open by July 1st. There is not adequate supply at all and I really do not know what on earth they are thinking:-/ One company, Kouchlock, has offered to purchase any growers total inventory for 10% more than market price and wants to secure year long contracts with every producer/processor that will sign up with them in an effort to corner the whole market and set their own price. Another producer that does have product is offering to sell to retailers for $15 per gram and then the retailer has to mark that up at least %100 to break even or just a little above even. We have been contacted by every retailer asked to open on July 1st for product but will only have a small amount available and not enough to supply one store for more than a day or two with the expected rush of customers. This is going to be plain ugly and I think we may just hold back and not be a part of it for a week or so because I don't want to be associated with such a horrible start to this. We also want our product to be as good of quality as possible and not gouge the consumer or the retailers and if we offer our products at a reasonable rate they may be perceived as inferior just because of the price difference between ours and those that are trying to rape the consumer. It does not bring me the happiness that being in this position, with a product that everyone is screaming for and willing to pay exorbitant prices for, but I really do not want to be a part of:-((((

It is really too bad...As happy as I am to see prohibition end I would have preferred more of a de-criminalization approach. But the Man s gotta make his money, right?

listen to your plants the tell you its our many crops that have ruled man for eternity not any politician or governments! our plants are alive and they probably have more sense then most you out there especially those who think theyre going to retire of this shit! i cant know for sure but nature tells me once the harmony between man and nature is so out of whack nature will correct itself. does this mean that somehow cannabis becomes unviable, sterile or just simply no longer thrives sensing mans purpose with its medicine has become currency for the greedy? who knows but its no accident man has been building and using tools to keep this balance of harmony in tune while living at the mercy of the yrs harvests and worshiping agricultural gods longer then we'll ever realize! whats happening today is so far removed from natural intention it simply cannot survive long term

The Una-Bombers manifesto is some interesting, thought provoking reading.
AllI kno is the longer we speed down this tech road...the farther we get from HOME.

Top Bottom