Reusing runoff for soil. Yea or nay?

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

I am currently using FloraFlex and it is QUITE expensive. I am growing 3 autoflowers in ff Ocean Forest and my plants are on their 7th week and flowering nicely. So far this grow is going flawlessly. I seem to be getting over 1/2 gallon of runoff each watering between the 3 plants. ( I'm growing in 5 gallon airpots.)

What is the harm in reusing the runoff as long as my ppm are close?

Floraflex is very expensive and I hate to see it go down the waste drain.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Bro I got 0 xp with that brand but the standard routine is that with an organic fert you dont need drain but with a mineralic one you best throw it away otherwise there could be salt buildup. Though it may work if you dont feed excessively high but the only guarantee you have to give the plants the ferts nute recipe is by constantly replacing it with a fresh solute and discard what the roots don't like to take in

7munkee

7munkee

FloraFlex is NOT organic. By a long shot. But I do underfeed by about 15%. The directions call for 4 grams and I give them 3.5. So salt buildup shouldn't be an issue.

If salt buildup is the only issue against it, then I should be OK. Tossing the run off will cost me about $30 over the course of each grow of 3 plants.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ive feed runoff and extra nutes to my plants outdoors for years,if it really concerns you just dilute it with more water
both organic and synthetic ive used same way, diluting the synthetic nutes is best idea and if ppm are already low and you dilute it ,pretty much just a shot of candy for the plants

7munkee

7munkee

I've been feeding them daily for a week now and they dont seem to mind one bit.
IMG 20220516 182226

Top Bottom