Reveg and making seeds

• Thread starter highrise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highrise

I have a couple of females i plan to reveg to be placed outside later this spring. They are at 53 days flower now and I expect to harvest sometime in the next week.

My question is that I also polinated a branch on each plant just about 3 weeks ago. I normally never have plants finish as early as the breeder says so I was expecting the plants to go 70 days but i am very happy they are on time.

So my question is if I leave the seeded buds on the plant after harvest will the seeds continue to mature when the plant goes back to veg light cycle or will the 24 hour light throw off the seed maturation process.

I would just leave them in the flower area but i really need the room for the next round as I am trying to work a perpetual grow.

darkmatter

darkmatter

make room for them to finish,stack them in a corner.i think the buds stop growin so will the seeds.maybe you could set up a temp flower space some place.if reveg is more important f the seeds.flip a coin.

K

kansasgrown

If you want the seeds you will have to wait for them in the flower room or you will not get them..sorry but you have a choice to make.

A

addamzbomb

not true

if you put her back in veg the seeds will continue to mature

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings highrise

Great question; without getting too technical, the answer is: depends.

The seeds need 'energy' to mature; in case of a re-veg, be certain to leave ample vegetative bio-mass.

The seeds also need a hormonal profile that dictates the rate of maturation and percentage of viability; in case of a re-veg, be certain to keep the seeded cola in the flowering state, i.e. 'box the bud'.

(Also, it would be advisable to decrease the light intensity, as well as, shifting the light spectrum towards blue)

Sincerely,
Charles.

P

punkadc

i have no experience in this issue,
but im willing to bet that Charles Xavier is right on this one...
...only because he is a flippin geniuis!

F

frankie-smiles

If they are at 53 days now, and your gonna harvest at what - 57 to 60 days approx. And if your thinking that the seeds will be ready at day 70, I'm betting that the plant will need a little more than 10 days to even think about re-veging. I say split the diff, harvest at 62 days, keep the rest of the plant in the flowering room for another 3 or 4 days and a couple of days at the very end won't cause any problems. Even leave it in darkness for final 2 days, I know some people do that. I think your seeds will be fine.

R

Redux

I agree. You can reveg and the seeds will mature while the plant revegges:).
Double ditto. Been there...done that on numerous plants.

You can even pollinate a mom's preflower and no problem getting mature, viable beans while it vegges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom