Reverse air direction with cooltube?

• Thread starter Cheesebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cheesebox

Cheesebox

Hey farmers,
i will flip in some weeks and i need to know a thing to be on the safe side before i do.

As far as i know the LTI is placed behind the carbon filter, blowing through the cooltube everything out to the fan. But i have installed the reverse way, so the fan sucks the air from the cooltube and the filter. Got a bit cardiovascular weakness, it's a bit strange to take that stuff up and down ten times, would love to do it now and leave it until i flip. :sick0010:

Earlier i heard the fan will overheat and shit or reduce the lifespan of the LTI. Hard to believe somehow. What direction would you advanced growers recommend?

S

smokestack23

See?..I don't get how people can have their carbon cans going through their cooltubes. Do they/you keep your scrubber running all the time lights are on?

You should suck air through the carbon scrubber not blow. Unless yours is different than mine. Not that you CAN'T blow..just supposed to suck.

As for the cooltubes..I just run air from outside the growroom through the tubes and back out of the room. They don't need to be linked to the canfan.

You can blow or suck the air through the cooltubes BUT..it's better to blow. Ducting will almost always have small pinholes (or smaller) in it and if you suck, you will get the room odor into the tubes..and if they're venting inside the house..or even outside..they'll be blowing "aroma" out. If you blow air through the cooltubes the positive pressure in the ducting won't allow any of the smell to enter.

PEACE!!!

Cheesebox

Cheesebox

Alright man i would stay with the suck method for just one grow, on the future Scrog i'll do the blow method. when i put my hand into the tube it has lot more cooling effect to the hand than the blowing air, which already has room temperature (and above). I am freezing very quickly so i have the radiator bit higher most of the time in colder days like the last months, so the warm air from my room is rather a disadvantage for the grow tent.

So it seems all OK because every way of cooling is more benificial than a 600W in free space i suppose. BTW here a pic of the set up:

Ctdirection
half baked

half baked

i dont cool my 600hps and thats in a 1x1m tent, better to run without a cooltube imo, ive an intake and outtake that are on 24/7 and 3 small clip on fans to blow air round the canopy, never goes above 27.7 in the day, got any pics of your setup bro?

peace hb

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

I have my inline fan attached to carbon filter,so air is pulled threw carbon and pushed threw cool tube and out the tent,i ran it the other way before,but i also heard that the heat going threw the fan can reduce the life of it so i changed setup i prefer the new way its more efficent i think,but whatever works for you,but id have to beleive the hot air from light would effect fan life.

00663.JPG

Cheesebox

Cheesebox

Seems like you have better air exchange for your sizes half baked, i have a Darkroom II (120cm, 200cm high), incoming air works through hypotension...got no extra fan here. Until yesterday i had only one hole open, blowing through an extra tube to the plants. The tube is now connected with filter >> cooltube.

Got some pics in the grow diary i have linked in my sig! I'll do a new setup picture very soon.

My current input air since yesterday is one tent hole, i need to buy some tubes these days:

DSC05091
Cort

Cort

One of the first things I found was that cheap alum ducting likes to tear with the force of my 6 inch fan. I switched to the insulated ducting, now I have more air flow because I cant make sharp bends, stronger ducting, light tight ducting and less noise. Was a win/win/win/win for me.

Girls are sleeping right now or Id take some shots.

Cheesebox

Cheesebox

Sounds nice, do you use PVC ducting?

I just thought about heat-insulated ducting.
Could this reduce some 1-2 degrees nonsense extra warmth the ducting drops into the tent?
I'm sure it also could damp the sound of the air flow.

As far as in this picture it does look pretty solid:
ISH-ISO.gif

I just tried the cooltube with reverse air for about 10-15 minutes to test the max heat.
Tent temps are nice (about 27-28°C, if tent is opened 29°C).
The outcoming air warms my room a bit, but the ducting behind the cooltube doesn't get hot or overwarmed, the airstream is strong enough.
When i put my hand below the cooltube, the direct radiation reaches only to 30-40 cm.

I can touch everything except the cooltube itself of course. The ducting behind the cooltube doesn't have a long way to leave the LTI.
I attached a picture.

Btw i didn't mean "hypotension" the posting before, vacuum was it. Google-Translate told me. (i'm from austria in that case.)

I think it's alright to leave it the reverse way, i just need some better fresh air method to balance the biosphere at the plants.
Will look around for better ducting (the mentioned one) soon and try it out.

DSC05267

Latest posts

Top Bottom