Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Filtration

• Thread starter snowkitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
my hydro logic 100 showed up earlier gonna hook it up and get it runnin 2morrow!
6 gph that sounds great kushmaster, as the shit I have hooked up now only gives me a gallon every 4 hours bro!

K

KushMaster707

damn thats super slow lol. im sure youll be pleased with your new system bro, ive had mine sitting outside for a year now through all the weather without any filter changes an it still gives me 0 ppm water every time.

justiceman

justiceman

Damn kush the hydrologic sounds like a pretty solid R/O system. I may consider getting that instead because the cheap Ebay one only does 50gpd lol.

S

snowkitty

Hey guys I'm looking at some of the kits on ebay, and I notice there are two different types. Normal R/O systems and R/O systems with a DI(deionization) filter. Is a DI filter necessary? It boasts 0ppm witch is pretty kick ass, but would the DI resin be toxic to the plants? Should I just get the normal 4stage R/O system?

There is no need for DI. There are 2 leading ebay/online vendors I found (see OP) and they all have a dozen or more system options. Different filters and stages and rates to make up a complete package. If I ordered from them, my plan was to get the top of the line but without the DI option.

S

Sirius

I'm not a spammer but I'm cheap and purewaterclub.com has better prices than anything posted here. I don't have mine yet (waiting on delivery) but I was recommended to them by another grower who's using their 300gpd unit.

i use them too... they work great and you can customize your setup... i use the aquarium setup... works great for my fish as well... i think its called aqua reef or something...

L

labscission

I've been using a Nimbus Watermaker Mini Faucet-Mounted RO for about 6 years. It produces about 10 gpd, and attaches to the faucet. Not a lot of water, but it has served my drinking and plant watering needs. It brings the ppm down to about 10 ppm. My local water is 95 ppm.

I broke the plastic housing on the Nimbus, and decided to try another system. I bought one of those Zero Water systems. It brings my water down to 0-5ppm! They even throw in a ppm meter! There is absolutely NO waste from this system. It's like a Brita filter on steroids. You can get a pitcher unit for about $30, and a larger tank that fits on a water cooler. Pretty cool unit for a small grow. I think that the filters need replacing fairly regularly, but with my tap water being only 95 ppm, I won't have to replace near as much.

B

bravetiger

I decided on a merlin pro 750 gallon. It cost me about $450 which was cheap for this model. Using a washing machine faucet I can almost get water on demand, almost being it still takes 20 minutes / 5 gal of water.

I could have went with a lower output ro machine with a reservoir and float valve, but I didn't want to deal with standing water or another thing to get wet.

K

Kenney T

I'm not a spammer but I'm cheap and purewaterclub.com has better prices than anything posted here. I don't have mine yet (waiting on delivery) but I was recommended to them by another grower who's using their 300gpd unit.
Purewaterclub is a rip off with Shitty customer service. They won't reply emails if your havin issues. I'll never order from them again. They have no knowledge on the subject.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, I'll agree they aren't the best for customer service. But I haven't had such a need that it's caused me a problem, so I go with price.

K

Kenney T

That's exactly what I did. Custom 150 gpd unit. This is my second one. First one was from pure water club. It was crap. Just like there customer service.

J

Jalisco Kid

Another old thread this week, Snowkitty was one of my first clients back in the day. Another fine grower how got ripped by a family partner. Is that unit you put together well in a room that is dark a lot. It would seem those casing were meant to be installed under the counter. JK

K

Kenney T

Another old thread this week, Snowkitty was one of my first clients back in the day. Another fine grower how got ripped by a family partner. Is that unit you put together well in a room that is dark a lot. It would seem those casing were meant to be installed under the counter. JK
It's in my basement. It's dark down there 95% of the time. I'm not worried about light. The first two filters are for sediment. Then the R/O. The D/I I only use for clone machine. I know that one should be covered. I'll get to it sooner or later. Lol

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Ok everyone I have a question for you all I have a hydrologoic smallboy and a hydrologic stealth ro 200 now what I would like to know is what is the waste water from an RO filter is it totally unusable or because my water is somewhat ok around 150PPM 5.0 PH FROM THE TAP can I run my RO waste line into my smallboy and still have good water to eliminate my waste all together or does this sound like a bad or pointless idea?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Anyone??? also I forgot to mention that I am wanting to use this filtered waste as veg water

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use the brine water, which is the waste water from the RO/DI I use, for my landscaping plants. I think that, being brine (not necessarily salty, but laden with what was pulled out via the osmosis filtration), you'd blow through the carbon filtration pretty quickly.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

That was my thought as well is it would be so brinish that it would kill a filter in 50 gal lol but I am glad u do use this on landscape plants atleast it will not be a total waste the issue for me is I pay for my water and its not cheap here once putting in the ro unit my water bill went from $100 a mo to about $400 a mo its freakin outrageous wish there was a better way to do RO so my next question is I don't really need the RO my water starts at 150ppm and 5-6.0 ph some days its as low as 4.0ph should I just run a small boy or something without waste that just removes the clor/flor , or is reverse osmosis important to the system of using all hydro units I have ben doing lots of dwc without any filter at all just fine but everyone says using Ro is the better way to go is this so no matter what the water case is or is it un needed for my set-up

SupraSPL

SupraSPL

I have installed 3 of the filterdirect systems. Changes my tap water from 100ppm -> 2 pmm. Great system no complaints.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That was my thought as well is it would be so brinish that it would kill a filter in 50 gal lol but I am glad u do use this on landscape plants atleast it will not be a total waste the issue for me is I pay for my water and its not cheap here once putting in the ro unit my water bill went from $100 a mo to about $400 a mo its freakin outrageous wish there was a better way to do RO so my next question is I don't really need the RO my water starts at 150ppm and 5-6.0 ph some days its as low as 4.0ph should I just run a small boy or something without waste that just removes the clor/flor , or is reverse osmosis important to the system of using all hydro units I have ben doing lots of dwc without any filter at all just fine but everyone says using Ro is the better way to go is this so no matter what the water case is or is it un needed for my set-up
Well, then I would consider using it for washing laundry, flushing toilets, that sort of thing. OR, what I'd like to move towards is natural filtration--putting all our grey water, which would include RO/DI brine, through a plant-filled pond with shallows, which would then move to a larger containment where it could be used for watering again. Of course, there's nothing that says you can't try filtering it through a bunch of good activated carbon, see what you get and see how long it lasts.

Top Bottom