Reverse Osmosis Water Plumbing Questions

I am upgrading my indoor space, a small room. I am adding water supply and a drain to the room. It's a hydro setup, and I am setting up the plumbing for auto-filling the system. I am thinking of installing an RO filter, mounting it on the wall near the supply and drain. The system will have a total capacity of about 30 gallons. My water is about 220ppm from the tap, and typically pH's around 7.5 to 8. We have excellent/high water pressure.

I have never used, touched, or seen in the flesh an RO filter. What kind of output pressure of the RO water can I expect? What should I be thinking about? Any particular unit I should consider? Thinking of this one: https://hydrobuilder.com/hydro-logic-stealth-ro200-reverse-osmosis-filter-hlro300-conf.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU0MjEiOiIxMDI4MCJ9

Thanks for your help.

I have a stealth 100 and it takes good water pressure to make the filter work in the first place then wastes 2/3 of the water filtering and returns a third of the pressure as an estimate as well.

I feel the 100 is slow. But the 300 is much higher capacity.

I probably didnt help much here.

Are you planning to connect it to a garden hose? Even then, probably not the best choice. MOST tap water pressure is not high enough for proper rejection. Check out iSpring with a booster pump

I have the same filter but it’s 150gpd. Works great, and takes a couple hours to fill a 32 gallon res. My tap water isn’t that bad, so I have the 1:1 ratio tube installed. Just so it doesn’t waste as much water. It will work just fine anywhere between 40-80psi of pressure.

Are you planning to connect it to a garden hose? Even then, probably not the best choice. MOST tap water pressure is not high enough for proper rejection. Check out iSpring with a booster pump
Ours is quite high. Specs say 60 psi is required, I suspect we're at least close. That brand has a booster pump offered as well.

I just bought an ro system. I tee'd off the little hose that goes to the faucet, and I use a float valve to fill a 40 gallon tote. At the bottom of the tote a drilled a hole and put a hose coming out of it. I put a shut-off valve on the end, and put the tote on a high shelf. Gravity feeds the water out so I have plenty of ro water on hands at all times, and it comes out much faster than if it were coming straight out of the system.