Review: All in Capsule - making gel capsules of decarbed cannabis

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I’m calling bs. Post the lab results. Tested a bunch of ovens and everything consumer grade is garbage at keeping stabilized temp. I have done it in the oven a ton and have had decent results. Posting 99% conversion and having test results- let’s see em

Temp doesnt need to be 100% stable, it just needs to stay in a suitable range for an adequate length of time.

Here was the last test result for a concentrated MCT solution I made. The goal was 300 mg/ml and I got pretty damn close. When you bake extract in clear glass and can see when the bubbling stops, it's not hard to do. It is important to monitor temp though to make sure it's on point. My old oven I had to set it to 280F to achieve 250 but my new one holds temp accurately. All these devices work and are cool, but not necessary if you know what you're trying to achieve and how to get there.

20190224 001339

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Another tip for getting full decarb of concentrates is adding powdered lecithin after the decarb once its mixed with MCT oil. Not only does it help bioavalibilty but the powder provides nucleation sites for the Co2 to off gas from. I've noticed several times infusions that arent fully decarb'd will froth up when you add the lecithin. That's the carbon dioxide and water molecules escaping.

I dilute my 300mg/ml down to 30mg/ml with coconut oil and store it in the fridge in a mason jar, Then I capsulate it with a dropper with one ml, for a 30 mg dose. or 29. whatever...
20190608 210637
20190608 210647
20190608 210901

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is what I use for liquid caps, really works nice, the nylon (?) bushing/seal slides without catching.View attachment 874560

Ooh I like that. That with the all in cap holder would make for really fast cap filling. As it is I just fill 20-30 caps one at a time by hand as needed. I need to invest in some more gear it seems...

Where did you get that syringe?

Dan789

Dan789

Ooh I like that. That with the all in cap holder would make for really fast cap filling. As it is I just fill 20-30 caps one at a time by hand as needed. I need to invest in some more gear it seems...

Where did you get that syringe?
Amazon, or any kitchen supply, target probably has them, “turkey flavor injector”, I’m sure the manufacturer ok’s my usage...heheh. As they’re made for hot oil and cooking juices, works flawless. All the other plastic syringes I’ve tried were junk and were very hard to deal with, seals always swelled up.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Another tip for getting full decarb of concentrates is adding powdered lecithin after the decarb once its mixed with MCT oil. Not only does it help bioavalibilty but the powder provides nucleation sites for the Co2 to off gas from. I've noticed several times infusions that arent fully decarb'd will froth up when you add the lecithin. That's the carbon dioxide and water molecules escaping.

I dilute my 300mg/ml down to 30mg/ml with coconut oil and store it in the fridge in a mason jar, Then I capsulate it with a dropper with one ml, for a 30 mg dose. or 29. whatever...View attachment 874537View attachment 874538View attachment 874539.

I just want to add to the point about using lecithin powder to nucleate Co2, you need to bring the entire infusion back up to 220-250F in a pot on the stove or back in the oven before you add the lecithin to get the frothing. The Co2 molecule is only unstable at that higher temp.

And I wouldnt worry about heating it too long. Through various experiments (and an accident lol) I've found it takes a few hrs at that high temp before it even begins to degrade into CBN. The degradation is a slow process that takes hours once its begun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom